Malwarebytes Browser Guard Causing The Divi Visual Builder To Fail To Load?

goodjohnjr
Go to solution Solved by goodjohnjr,

Hello,

My setup: Microsoft Windows 11, Microsoft Edge with the web browser extensions LanguageTool & uBlock Origin & Video DownloadHelper & Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Adguard DNS default public DNS servers.

I could be wrong, but it seems that Malwarebytes Browser Guard is causing the Divi Visual Builder 

https://www.elegantthemes.com/documentation/divi/visual-builder/

from loading when I try to use it to edit a page like: Locations & Hours (beau.org).

https://library.beau.org/locations/

The page will get stuck trying to load until the web browser asks to exit or wait, if I try to enter Visual Builder mode, to edit a page.

I tried to disable lists in uBlock Origin, turn it off for that page, but that did not work; so I tried completely disabling uBlock Origin, that did not work, but it did work when I completely disabled Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

Screenshot:

1737708367_MalwarebytesBrowserGuardDiviBuilderVisualEditorWontLoadScreenshot2022-10-03182343.thumb.png.3d251de11cc7c7dd39a05737e404a7c2.png

Thank you,

- John Jr

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disabled live hyperlinks
21 hours ago, Porthos said:

I would see witch of the 4 toggles being off allow you to access the editor. and turn it off. Browser guard stays in effect for everywhere else.

That page still does not load even when I disable all the toggles. I have to completely disable (from Manage Extensions) Malwarebytes Browser Guard in the web browser for the Divi Visual Editor to load on that page.

501550473_Screenshot2022-10-04221308.png.456ae1584d2fc947f9bcbc196345cce4.png

385584412_Screenshot2022-10-04221825.thumb.png.118c8cc4f5cd65c05fb359f9b438077c.png

Until a developer sees your thread and offers other advice or asks for logs....

Personally, if turning off all toggles did not solve the issue I would use a different browser like Firefox or Chrome to edit your site separate from your normal browsing and leave Browser Guard off in that other browser.

• Solution
Just now, Porthos said:

Until a developer sees your thread and offers other advice or asks for logs....

Personally, if turning off all toggles did not solve the issue I would use a different browser like Firefox or Chrome to edit your site separate from your normal browsing and leave Browser Guard off in that other browser.

Something interesting just happened, for the first time it still did it after disabling Malwarebytes Browser Guard, and after that I also disabled my ad blocker & it still happened.

When those pages stop responding, one of them had this error: "Error code: RESULT_CODE_HUNG".

So perhaps the issue is with Adguard DNS or something on our web server or a setting in Microsoft Edge.

So I guess I can close this thread, thank you, and have a nice day.

— John Jr