Malwarebytes blocking the Calculator App

Jibroni

😕 So as shown below, Malwarebytes keeps quarantining a lot of files that it has no business touching, even Windows Defender files. This image shows it quarantining the Windows Calculator application. Its because of this that I can't even open it and its not letting me restore the file either. So how do I get it to restore the file? Opening Malwarebytes as an Admin doesn't work. 

Restoring the Calculator App.jpg

1 hour ago, Jibroni said:

So how do I get it to restore the file? Opening Malwarebytes as an Admin doesn't work. 

Could you post the log instead of a screenshot.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you

@Porthos Posted the log for the Calculator app

14 hours ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

Do you have rootkit scanning enabled and Avast driver updater installed? This since we have noticed this occasionally might cause mismatches in detection, so it shows the wrong file detected instead.

A simple reboot often resolves these mismatch in detections.

🤔I have rootkit scanning enabled in Malwarebytes. I have the Avast virus app itself installed, but I don't use its Driver Updater, not to my knowledge at least.

Calculator Log.txt