First Impressions

bbrown

The new interface is fantastic. The ability to see the security advisor and get recommendations and details on protection level is great. The layout is done very well as well overall a nice upgraded look and feel compared to the current public version. I notice that "Scan for rootkits" is off by default. In my opinion this should be a setting on by default, but there may be a reason this off by default. If so please share. The option to prioritize scan performance is a nice touch, this will be handy for those who want to get a scan in quick without loosing performance for other critical functions.

Is the VPN option available for testing in this beta? I've never used Malwarebytes VPN but would be willing to give it a test.

• Like 2

Yes, the VPN is fully functional in this preview build its one of the fastest VPN's I have used. Everything is easy access you can literally manage the VPN without clicking that much which is what i like. give the program a try it also feels much lighter on the system than 4.0 you will notice the difference. The GUI opens instantly now with no lag at all.     

Edited by brad03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, bbrown said:

I notice that "Scan for rootkits" is off by default. In my opinion this should be a setting on by default, but there may be a reason this off by default. If so please share

It also bypasses some whitelisting so it is recommended to be off to avoid scary False positives. It also slows scans down.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, bbrown said:

The option to prioritize scan performance is a nice touch, this will be handy for those who want to get a scan in quick without loosing performance for other critical functions.

That feature was already in V4 for a long time. It will slow down a manual scan. Scheduled scans have always been at a lower priority.

image.png.b8966ed9f28dab872558aeedff00e5b3.png

Edited by Porthos