Windows Detecting a threat (possible false positive?)

Manaphy0220

Today Microsoft Defender sends me notifications about detected and blocked threat: Behavior:Win32/Hive.ZY pid:4204:74439979291537.

I've read that it is likely a false positive as many people experience this problem and it happened since the last Defender update. I did scans with Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner and Defender itself and they didn't detect anything. I didn't download anything in the last week or so.

10 minutes ago, Manaphy0220 said:

Today Microsoft Defender sends me notifications about detected and blocked threat: Behavior:Win32/Hive.ZY pid:4204:74439979291537.

I've read that it is likely a false positive as many people experience this problem and it happened since the last Defender update. I did scans with Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner and Defender itself and they didn't detect anything. I didn't download anything in the last week or so.

Update Defender.

Common issue and a FP.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-defender-falsely-detects-win32-hivezy-in-google-chrome-electron-apps/

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Porthos said:

Do I have to update it manually? I checked for updates today and nothing was found. The notification appeared when the PC turned on today.