Support for Mac OS Ventura

On 9/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, treed said:

It is not yet capable of being installed on Ventura, but we do have work underway right now to determine what (if anything) needs to be done to support Ventura. We hope to be able to release a new installer that will install on Ventura prior to the release of Ventura.

@treed , one question: what has changed since past years when the Malwarebytes beta was available around mid-August and even last year (2021) when the definitive Malwarebytes properly working with the Monterey beta was made available around July 20th?

Thanks

I'm sure @treed knows a lot more about this, if he's willing to share, but I can tell you from reports I've been reading that Ventura has been slow to stabilize, with new features being added continuously until about a month ago, so now they are just trying to kill bugs in time for it's public release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

One of the problems we've run into in testing is that Ventura hasn't been particularly stable in a virtual machine. The team was planning to try on real hardware as a temporary measure to get the testing done, and find out if any changes are needed. (I haven't checked in yet today to see what progress might have been made.) However, the automated testing all our builds go through relies on the use of virtual machines, so this is not a long term solution. Hopefully Ventura will stabilize soon.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @MIBA67 and @mybytes1919:

With the greatest respect, the Apple developer's Ventura beta 10 was released last Tuesday, October 4th. Apple's Ventura beta 11 was released a week later (yesterday). That's a virtual moving target for the Malwarebytes' developer team, testers and QA who may need to start from the beginning after any OS changes are made. It is a certainty that Malwarebytes for Mac production users would be disturbed and upset if their Macs crashed, they lost their work in-progress, and all because of an Insufficiently tested MBAM release version. And many of us know that many computer users do not make backups...

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, ThemePro said:

Question.  If one upgrades to Ventura with Malwarebytes already installed, will it disable itself once upgraded to Ventura?  

No, it'll still work. Testing only found some minor user interface issues, related to the instructions for providing Full Disk Access, and no functional issues. The only problem functional problem currently is that it cannot be installed on Ventura, but if it's already there when you upgrade to Ventura it should work fine.

A (hopefully) final build is in testing right now. I don't know if we'll manage to beat the Ventura release at this point, but I'm hoping it's close.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, treed said:

No, it'll still work. Testing only found some minor user interface issues, related to the instructions for providing Full Disk Access, and no functional issues. The only problem functional problem currently is that it cannot be installed on Ventura, but if it's already there when you upgrade to Ventura it should work fine.

A (hopefully) final build is in testing right now. I don't know if we'll manage to beat the Ventura release at this point, but I'm hoping it's close.

Actually just this interface problem related to full disk access, no longer working, turned off real time protection, at least visually. Now I have removed it. I'm waiting for a new version, I hope as soon as possible so I can reinstall it

• Like 1

I updated my 2019 MacBook Pro
with MalwareBytes 4.16.7 installed
from macOS 12.6.1 to 13.0 

It shows me an Error Message, that it does not have Full Access, 
I can swipe Access off, enter Password - then turn it back on + enter Password

but the Software remains adamant, that it does not have Full Access.

I used the MINUS Button to remove it - then go through the MalwareBytes Software to re-activate Access - it got re-added,

I was able to then switch on Full Access with the Slider & the Software would recognise the changed Set-up.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 22.44.42.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MaxLeopold said:

I used the MINUS Button to remove it - then go through the MalwareBytes Software to re-activate Access - it got re-added,

I was able to then switch on Full Access with the Slider & the Software would recognise the changed Set-up.

This solved my issue. Remove it and add it again. Simple way: right-click on the item in the list and Show in Finder. Then remove it with the minus button at the bottom. Then drag it back into the list from the finder window.

22 minutes ago, MaxLeopold said:

I just joined to say thanks. This fixed it on my M1 MacBook Air as well.

2 hours ago, MaxLeopold said:

Thanks! Fixed it for me too!

Is it really true that Malwarebytes does not work for Ventura 13.0, which I just installed?? Got the message to activate, but fail to do so. The instructions shown also includes incorrect images, probably from the previous operating system!!!! Please fix a clear instruction to use asap! (I live in Sweden)

2 minutes ago, 1PW said:

Hello @RGO and :welcome:

You will need to download/install Malwarebytes for Mac 4.17.8.4831 which is compatible with macOS 13.0 Ventura.

Please follow the procedure with https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/291402-malwarebytes-for-mac-417-beta/

Please let the forum know if you are successful.

Thank you.

I do not dare to make beta testing on my computer on the behalf of Malwarebytes! That is really the full responsibility of that big company.

Hello @Gordo88 and :welcome::

If you had not already done so, please download/install Malwarebytes for Mac 4.17.8.4831 which is compatible with macOS 13 Ventura:

Please follow the procedure with https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/291402-malwarebytes-for-mac-417-beta/

Please let the forum know if you are successful.

Thank you.