Questions/feedback for Malwarebytes 5.

brad03

I spent a good 30 minuets going through the new UI of Malwarebytes 5.0 and really love the new UI's responsiveness over 4.0. Will Malwarebytes continue to have a dedicated "news section"? I cannot find it in 5.0 i really enjoyed reading the security blog news.  One other thing is the ability to "mass delete" scanning reports under the "Scanner option" i might be missing something but currently i do not see the ability to mass delete them like you could in 4.0.

Positive notes this version feels like I'm running nothing on my system and the performance feels much improved great job!  

• Like 3

• Staff

Thanks for the feedback @brad03! I've passed it on to the team and it can assure you it means a lot to them. 

• We're still working out where to place the Security News feed, it's not currently available in the preview build.
  • With regard to deleting the scan reports, you should be able to click the 3-dot menu from the table header to get to the Delete all option.
  • Like 1

Question for staff.... Lets say someone has privacy VPN and Malwarebytes but separate subscriptions will it automatically convert to Malwarebytes plus? One thing i hope not to see is if a person chose to only keep Malwarebytes premium i hope they won't be spammed or nagged with the upgrading to the VPN service or display it at all in the GUI.    

Edited by brad03

• Staff

Thank you for the feedback @brad03!

On 8/24/2022 at 8:44 AM, brad03 said:

We should also have the ability to "ignore a scheduled scan" and not have it effect the status of the security advisor's protection status.  

We provide the option to ignore the recommendation to setup a scheduled scan by clicking the down arrow and then selecting the Ignore option. I think we need to improve the discoverability of the ignore option so I I'll share this with the design team.

image.png.2e86859cf6fc639dd93be2b07d090cde.png

On 8/24/2022 at 11:14 AM, brad03 said:

Clicking on the "real time protection" in the GUI should bring you to the "protection settings" i think that would be a quick shortcut. 

We weren't able to get that out in time for the first preview build but it should be coming soon. 

Thanks

- Aaron

• Like 1

• Staff
On 8/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, brad03 said:

One thing i hope not to see is if a person chose to only keep Malwarebytes premium i hope they won't be spammed or nagged with the upgrading to the VPN service or display it at all in the GUI.    

Short answer: We certainly don't want to be naggy, but we do want to be informative and I believe we can do that in a respectable manner that does not come across as being naggy.

Long answer: As cyberthreats are constantly evolving, so to must the product. Being experts in the security industry, Malwarebytes has an obligation to educate users and provide helpful guidance when we see an opportunity. Much the same as a personal trainer or life coach is hired to help one reach an important goal and will identify opportunities for improvement, we intend to be that support platform to guide users towards better security and privacy practices. The distinction between "guiding" and "nagging" is critical for how we interact, and I'll be the first to admit we haven't always done a great job in that area. To the average user, security is complicated and often overwhelming. Our mission, our challenge at Malwarebytes, is to bring cyberprotection to every one. The reason it's "every one" as opposed to "everyone" is that each individual is important to us and we recognize each person has unique needs. When it comes to cybersecurity, ignorance isn't bliss, ignorance can be devastating and the consequences of being ill-informed can be life changing. We're designing Malwarebytes 5 with the security of our families, friends, and community at the forefront of our minds. At the same time, we also recognize that not everyone is going to need or appreciate having a security coach, so it's important that we make this guidance available on your terms and that we don't become that one-size-fits-all solution that prioritizes sales over people.

Edited by H4V0C
clarity
  • Like 1