I made a game with Unity and it was detected as MachineLearning/Anomalous

AlJ

I've attached the report from MalwareBytes as well as a .rar file containing my silly game. Downloading and opening the game is not required, but useful for experimenting. I assume the file was quarantined because the game closes automatically when finished or if you press the escape key. I could be wrong, but those are just my thoughts. I'm not the only game developer that has had this "problem."

As the title suggests, I made a video game in Unity. When exported as an executable and ran, MalwareBytes mistakenly quarantined it as MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%. Fortunately, I've been able to restore the file, but I just wanted to help you guys out with a bug. I'm glad your software is rather safe than sorry, however!

1547945771_IShootYouGame.rar Machine Learning.txt

• Staff

Thanks for reporting. 

If you are a developer, while building your application,  I suggest you exclude the working/building directory from detection via the exclusion settings in Malwarebytes. This since our Anomaly detection might possibly detect some of the files you are building.
Once the application/project is final and ready to be shared with others, in most cases it won't be detected anymore since it won't be triggered as "anomalous" anymore either.

In case a "final project" is still detected, please let us know (include the sample), so we can add it to our database of known good apps as well to prevent this in the future.

For more information, please read  MachineLearning/Anomalous Detections and Explanation.

Thank you for your response! I attached the game in the post. It's a .rar file, which is basically a .zip file. I was more worried because I didn't want people to download my game and not play it out of fear of it being malware.