How to stop a Malwarebytes scan? (OneView / Nebula)

Hi guys,

We have seen a couple of servers try to do file scans during the day, which isn't acceptable in our environment.

At the moment we have a dataserver using 100% of the disk because of a Malwarebytes scan. I have Control+Right-Clicked on the Malwarebytes icon and told it to stop the service, but it says "Stopping Malwarebytes Service" but hasn't completed after 70 minutes. Under Services I see the Malwarebytes services are both still running, no stopping.

In an elevated command prompt I used these commands, but both say "Access denied" (see below)

taskkill /F /FI "SERVICES eq MBAMService"
taskkill /F /FI "SERVICES eq MBEndpointAgent"

ERROR: The process with PID 4060 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.

ERROR: The process with PID 3888 could not be terminated.
Reason: Access is denied.

So I ask, how do I stop a Malwarebytes scan, either through the OneView / Nebula console, or on the local machine?

Edited by AlexLeadingEdge

18 minutes ago, AlexLeadingEdge said:

So I ask, how do I stop a Malwarebytes scan, either through the OneView / Nebula console, or on the local machine?

It is always best to contact business support. It will probably get you a faster answer.

I would highly suggest that you open a support ticket with Business Support to work with them directly.

Submit  Business Support Ticket