Product & Services Disappointment

I had experienced unsettling events in my home network that had strange effects on all four of my Apple devices: 2 laptops, iPad, and an iPhone. After I reset all of the devices and supporting network framework - I subscribed to Malwarebytes at the suggestion of at least 2 Apple employees.

Even with Malwarebytes, the strange events continued to unravel on my computers. From the camera being turned on without my permission or knowledge - to unknown/unauthorized remote connections to my devices, even establishing a remote connection through bluetooth of my computer to phone without my permission. 

It all sounds completely crazy.....and it has been. When I e-mail Malwarebytes - they only send articles that briefly give hints at what is causing these strange things to occur in my network. They do not respond to emails begging for help. They will not return calls pleading for someone to explain what the heck is going on with my computers. 

I am scared and frustrated. I am disappointed in Malwarebytes. What is the freaking deal? Can someone please tell me this product is worth what I paid? 

Look at the attached. I mean WTH is this mess? Malwarebytes - do they even have customer service?

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 2.29.44 PM.png

• Staff

The screenshot you're showing is completely normal, and not in any way an indication of infection. I have hundreds of those same messages in my Console after just a couple minutes of letting it run. Why do you believe this is an indication of infection? What specific events are you seeing on your devices that lead you to believe they're being attacked?

• Staff

I also found your support tickets and the information you submitted, including the data gathered by our support tool. I'm seeing nothing at all out of the ordinary. I'm not sure I understand why you sent a sampling analysis of the corebrighnessd process. What do you see as a problem with that data?

1 hour ago, treed said:

I also found your support tickets and the information you submitted, including the data gathered by our support tool. I'm seeing nothing at all out of the ordinary. I'm not sure I understand why you sent a sampling analysis of the corebrighnessd process. What do you see as a problem with that data?

If that is the case, why am I sent this e-mail suggesting otherwise? 

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Wrong data posted. I have removed it

Sorry, cut and pasted wrong e-mail to reference. This has been an upsetting day. See Below:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Malwarebytes Support.

For information on Malwarebytes data privacy practices and processes, see Malwarebytes Privacy Policy.

For information on your PII captured by Malwarebytes, please review the Malwarebytes Privacy Policy, specifically the section Update or Delete our personal information.

Thank you for joining us in our mission to ensure a malware-free existence for everyone.

Regards,

Malwarebytes Support

[6LKPPD-GP33L]

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

• Staff

I don't understand how that e-mail suggests that your devices have been compromised. That looks, to me, like a standard e-mail in response to inquiries about data collection by Malwrebytes software, referring to our privacy policy.

I don't understand what issue you believe that you have, or what you have seen to support that belief. Can you provide more details?

• Staff

I see that you submitted more information to Support over the weekend. If you'd prefer to discuss all this more privately with support, that's fine, but if you're willing to discuss here, I may be able to help faster. I've provided some info to the support agents about your ticket, but don't want to discuss that here unless you're okay with it.