Malwarebytes Patch Management vs Ninite

pfefferc

Hi @pfefferc!!

Let me give you an overview:

Patch Management enhances our existing asset inventory management capabilities by providing Nebula/OneView admins insight on the outdated 3rd party software installed across their managed endpoints as well as gaps in the installed operating system updates.

Armed with this, Nebula/OneView admins can update supported 3rd party software and/or install OS updates/patches directly from the console on-demand or as part of a re-occuring schedule. Allowing admins the control they need to deploy updates.

It does not provide the ability to deploy custom installation packages or custom OS updates nor uninstall existing software or existing OS updates.

Ultimately yes there may be some common/similar features when compared to Ninite, but our Patch Management feature provides more control of keeping 3rd party software up to date via a schedule, it provides management of OS Updates, and it can extend our Vulnerability Assessment component to provide easy patching of vulnerable 3rd party software on managed endpoints.

Edited by AlexSmith
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Recently purchased Patch Management Module.  I have used Ninite in the past, and Ninite would always ensure that the auto updater in the software was disabled.  It doesn't appear that this is the case in MWB.  I recently pushed out a new version of Foxit Reader, and the FoxIt updater was still enabled.  

3 hours ago, jpereboom said:

Recently purchased Patch Management Module.  I have used Ninite in the past, and Ninite would always ensure that the auto updater in the software was disabled.  It doesn't appear that this is the case in MWB.  I recently pushed out a new version of Foxit Reader, and the FoxIt updater was still enabled.  

Thanks.. it sounds like MWB has a long way to go before this is ready.