Katawa Shoujo homepage blocked

mwalimu59

The homepage for the visual novel/dating sim Katawa Shoujo gets "Website blocked due to phishing.

I was visiting to see if there was other available downloadable content (images, guides, etc.) as well as discussion forums, links to social media, and so forth. While I didn't search the site exhaustively by any stretch for anything that could be considered phishing (especially not the forums), I didn't find any offhand and can't imagine why a game homepage would have any.

I'm not affiliated with the game or the website other than as an interested fan.

Joe McCauley

MBAM Katawa-Shoujo blocked.jpg

MBAM Blocked Website Report Katawa-Shoujo.txt

• Staff
12 minutes ago, mwalimu59 said:

The homepage for the visual novel/dating sim Katawa Shoujo gets "Website blocked due to phishing.

I was visiting to see if there was other available downloadable content (images, guides, etc.) as well as discussion forums, links to social media, and so forth. While I didn't search the site exhaustively by any stretch for anything that could be considered phishing (especially not the forums), I didn't find any offhand and can't imagine why a game homepage would have any.

I'm not affiliated with the game or the website other than as an interested fan.

Joe McCauley

MBAM Katawa-Shoujo blocked.jpg

MBAM Blocked Website Report Katawa-Shoujo.txt 741 B · 0 downloads

Hello- Please see Virus Total detection here: VirusTotal - URL - 427bc905a6fdc6427e4faabf878da7f14af050d39227071f0b12fc3173f4684e

Thanks. I noticed a few things about that page (the one that looks like a Steam page). First, all the files are dated March 2011, more than a year before the full version of the game was released (a preview version containing only the first act had been out for a couple of years by then). It appears to have been set up as an April Fools Day joke (see the date on the page). The game has always been free and I don't think it was ever available on Steam.

I've notified the contact email address on the site about this thread and the findings, which I suppose means I've done what I can and if they want to do something about it the ball is in their court.