MalwareBytes Privacy Android Null IP Adress Issue

Ross64

I just bought MalwareBytes Privacy VPN for 5 Devices. When I installed the app on Android and used the key, I proceeded to connect to the nearest server. However, when I turn on the VPN, it says Private IP Adress: Null, and it also kills my internet completely, even though I am still connected to it.

I have tried turning the VPN on and off, connecting to different servers, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, deleting the VPN profile, and connecting to different networks, but to no avail. Any way to fix this?

• Staff

A "null" IP address usually means there's a problem with the network. Can you clarify what kinds of networks you've tried on?

Some networks may not be VPN friendly. I know of a few public networks I've tried over the years, with a variety of VPNs, where I either was not able to connect, or was able to connect but then had no network connection until I disconnected from the VPN. Are any of these networks set up with some kind of firewall that may block certain connections?

Another thing that would be worth trying would be to reset the network settings on your Android device. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings and tap Reset Settings.