Kaspersky conflict - What should I do?

HexagonT

I would not use Kaspersky if you have a paid version of Malwarebytes. Kaspersky has a long history of  NOT being compatible.

But if you want to try it, you will need to uninstall anti exploit first then after you install Kaspersky you could "try" anti exploit again.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HexagonT said:

I don’t have Premium Malwarebytes.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

But if you want to try it, you will need to uninstall anti exploit first then after you install Kaspersky you could "try" anti exploit again.

5 minutes ago, HexagonT said:

OK. Very thank you. What about Comodo Firewall?

Maybe I exclude it in Kaspersky settings and exclude Kaspersky in Comodo settings.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I cant tell you about as I would NEVER use Comodo anything.

Can you tell me some reasons that you don't use it.

Hey HexagonT and Porthos,

I was watching this thread a little and thought I would chime in. I use Kaspersky Total Security with Malwarebytes stand alone Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomeware and Ksapresky gave me that warning about Anti-Exploit but had it install without removing Anti-Exploit and I have not noticed any conflitcs. I've been doing it for a couple of years. There was one point awhile back where it was an issue but one of the two fixed it. I exclude: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. As far as the Anti-Exploit backup, if you got to C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and backup or make a copy of the applications.dat file it will give you back your shields. The advanced settings I just would take screenshots of if you alter from default. I;m sure there's a file for that but don't which for sure. Hope this helps. By the way with Kaspersky you get a firewall and therefore don't need Comodo. Kaspersky will take control of the Windows Firewall. I'm in agreeance with Porthos about Comodo, I have not herd good things about them.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...