No detections shows up in the Browser Guard after upgrading to 2.4.4 ?

Go to solution Solved by sten2,

I use Ublock origin and Malwarebytes Browser Guard,and has doing it for years in my Firefox browser. When surfing the internet and visit Youtube,Facebook or what ever site ,always has both MB Browser Guard and Ublock origin shown block counts for blocked trackers. After upgrading to MB Browser Guard 2.4.4, there is never any signs of blocked trackers at all. Why is it so? I uninstalled MB Browser Guard and reinstalled it again, and i gave it permission to work in private mode and enabled it to exchange messages to other programs than Firefox.

Yet,MB Browser Guard shows no signs of blocking any trackers. Besides of that i have a Premium version of MB i can tell. Can anyone assist or knows the solution why MB Browser Guard does not shows any block counts/trackers?

I just went to rei.com and got 7 tracker hits.  cnn.com gave me another 7.  That is on a Windows 11 computer that also uses Malwarebytes Business.  My second computer (Windows 10 and Malwarebytes Consumer) has the same results.

Until we get this figured out, please uninstall (or completely disable) Ublock Origin so that we are not seeing any potential interactions between the two similar products.  After doing that, make sure your settings are all correct, and go to the two sites I mentioned in the last paragraph.  The reason I am saying to go there is that YouTube will have heuristic blocks, which may or may not appear.  There are also reports that Facebook may have altered their ad integration code, which may affect our ability to block it for the time being.  In a nutshell, these two are fuzzy, while the two I mentioned (rei and cnn) are pretty reliable.

After you go to those sites. please let me know your results AND send me a Browser Guard log so I can inspect it.

I disabled Ublock origin,but the issue remains. How do i  gather a Browser Guard log?

I clicked the Download Debug Logs,but nothing happens when doing so.

image.png.edda917e383f21516f25b7c9c532a8b3.png

Edited by sten2

I understand it should create a TXT file in the download folder. When doing the same task,clicking Download Debug Logs in the Browser Guard in Edge browser,it works. However not in the Firefox browser. My Firefox Browser also says "Your Browser Is Managed by Your Organization". That is not a good sign,but i dont know what causing it or how i should fix it.

Porthos,

thank you for the link.👍 I dont use Avast. I dont feel comfortable tampering with the register,so i created a ticket to the support regarding the matter,so lets see what they can do to help me with the issue.

Gonzo,

I think i find where the log files are for the Browser guard in Firefox,but like i said i, created a support ticket regarding the issue. However,thanks for trying to help.

23 hours ago, Porthos said:

That can be fixed here. @AdvancedSetup can assist you with a script.

Thanks for the advice.👍 If the customer support cant help me with my issue,then i will turn to AdvancedSetup. However,if the issue is caused by Mozilla/Firefox it self,i am not sure about how mouch he can help,but i will give it a try. From Mozilla one gets zero help if there is issues with Firefox. They only have a support forum,without no directly persons like an Administrator or somone like that in charge who can give constructive help,like we have on this Forum. The only help one gets there is from other users.

However,i get back to AdvancedSetup if MB support cant help.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

He can write a script to clean up your system and remove the Firefox restriction and he can do it faster than support will reply.

Ok,i will give it a try. However,if he cant help,i will not blame him.

• Root Admin

I need to get some Farbar logs please.

Please do the following so that we can get started and see what's going on.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    Do not click on any Ads.

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

DOC-1318-1.png

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

a.  Click More info.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190254/DOC-1318-2.png
         b.  Click Run anyway.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190294/DOC-1318-3.png
  5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

image.png

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

image.png

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

image.png

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

image.png

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

image.png

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy/paste the contents of the logs directly

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_10/_mb_attach.jpg.dbd89b8e360d3763b3bbe33ce83d680d.jpg

Thanks

• Root Admin

You have quite a mix of software shown to be installed, but some of it not working, some running but not shown to be installed.

Please uninstall the following then restart the computer and run the Farbar program again and get me new fresh logs.

AVG
Norton AntiVirus
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Antivirus

Thanks