Does browser guard for safari block malwarebytes ip test wbe site?

Xauma95
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

My brother just installed BG for safari and he asked me if there was any way to see if it is protecting against malware websites, so i told him to try http://iptest.malwarebytes.com but it didnt block it. He also hadn't have the "allow in all websites enabled at that time, but after enabling it it didn't block it either. Is that normal, do you have to do anything else with the extension or the app?

You do realize that the staff doesn't normally work on weekends. Someone from the staff may be able to address your question after they return about fifteen hours or so from now and have time to turn their attention to the forum.

In the meanwhile, you can assure your brother that Browser Guard's blacklist does include sites known to allow malware downloads.

Edited by alvarnell
  • Like 2
On 6/27/2022 at 3:04 PM, gatortail said:

Apple has restrictions on the number of entries we can include in our database so that one is not currently included.  We are researching opportunities to include it.

A couple last questions, do you have to be running the app on the background to update the database or in order to block stuff? And the final one is, does BG for safari block ads like for example ublock origin for firefox?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Xauma95
10 hours ago, Xauma95 said:

do you have to be running the app on the background to update the database or in order to block stuff?

No, the helper app that runs in the background will take care of that assuming you have an active Premium subscription for the latter.

10 hours ago, Xauma95 said:

does BG for safari block ads like for example ublock origin for firefox?

Similarly, but not exactly the same. I urge you to read details on what it blocks (ads, trackers, malware, PUPs & scams) at https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard.

Edited by alvarnell
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...