suggester.ticketnetwork.com wrongly blocked

BenAdams
Go to solution Solved by thisisu,

Malwarebytes Chrome Extension is blocking retail websites (for example www.ticketnetwork.com, www.ticketfaster.com). They were not blocked until today, and are not being marked as fraud (pic attached). If possible, please whitelist these, and provide an explanation for why they were blocked today so we can avoid the issue in the future.

Thanks!

mwb1.png

Clarification on the title: we believe suggester.ticketnetwork.com is being flagged for fraud, which is a site that is used in the search bars in these retail sites, causing all of the sites to be flagged. We are not sure why it would be flagged as such 

Hi, we get millions of customers to our website daily and process millions of transactions yearly. The nature of our business results in lot of complaints. Event tickets are final sale and non refundable or changeable. This makes customers complain about the company when they want to cancel or change their tickets. These are majority of the complaints. You will see similar ratings for our competitors like stubhub.com or other industries like airlines where tickets are not refundable. 
e.g.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.stubhub.com
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/StubHub
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/search/?q=stubhub&restrict_sr=1&sr_nsfw=

Stubhub is a well known company so I hope you understand that we are not scamming people but we keep getting bad reviews from a small subset of people.

Here is a link to the terms on our website: https://www.ticketnetwork.com/policies. We get hundreds of calls daily asking for a refund sometimes even after the customer has attended the event. We are in a very high consumer fraud business. I cannot reveal on a public forum but if you need some proof of our volume, please let me know and I can send you data (or whatever requested) to show that the complaints are a small subset.

Hey, sorry about this. We also get reports and requests to block domains like yours. I understand your frustration though.

I have a question to try to better understand what may be going on here. Does this IP contain more of your domains? I believe it was requested to be blocked a few days ago? https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ip-address/52.23.108.132/relations

If it is yours, what's the reasoning behind so many domain names involving ticket sales? Does this really generate much more traffic compared to 1 legitimate domain?

Regards

Hi,

Yes we host multiple domains. Our business model involves a substantial network of white labeled websites that we host while they (clients) do the marketing for and get paid. If any specific domain or domains are triggering the block, please let us know and we can investigate and turn them off if necessary. If you are able to whitelist a subset of the domains that account for majority of our traffic and transactions, that will work for us too. 

Thank you

This is impacting a lot of legitimate businesses. I own TheaterTickets dot com and my customers have started to reach out to tell me that my site is considered fraud or contains malware because I am using ticketnetwork on the back end to fulfill tickets. We have been in business for almost 20 years and have never defrauded anyone. The site does not contain any malware and this allegation that there is fraud associated with my business is untenable. There are only a few networks in the country that deliver tickets for live events and anyone selling tickets anywhere is using one of them. They all have similar complaints. Besides the ones mentioned above you can check into ticketmaster dot com. The fact is that there are millions of transactions and millions of customers using these sites and it is less than 1% who are upset with the outcome, which has nothing in any way to do with fraud. For example when venues reschedule due to COVID closures or artists are sick and cannot perform on the date, or a baseball game is rained out, this is not fraud this is normal for live events. The majority of the complaints are things like this and again are impacting an extremely small % of total buyers. Marking our legitimate website as fraud is doing actual damage to our sales and it is completely untrue and unwarranted and I would like this remedied. Our business has already had to endure almost 2 years of event closures from COVID. Things like this are hurting small business people who are legitimately selling tickets to events for their customers and scaring repeat customers away as well as costing us advertising dollars on top of loss of business. Please remove this false designation immediately.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:15 PM, thisisu said:

Hey, sorry about this. We also get reports and requests to block domains like yours. I understand your frustration though.

I have a question to try to better understand what may be going on here. Does this IP contain more of your domains? I believe it was requested to be blocked a few days ago? https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ip-address/52.23.108.132/relations

If it is yours, what's the reasoning behind so many domain names involving ticket sales? Does this really generate much more traffic compared to 1 legitimate domain?

Regards

The reason is that this is a ticket fulfillment network. So think about buying shoes from Nike at your local foot locker. Foot locker doesn't make the shoes Nike does and they send them to the store to sell to you. Or think about tickets in this case. Elton John doesn't sell you a ticket to his concert or Coldplay, they tour all over the World at all different venues but you can buy your tickets from many places. That requires networks to be able to know that seats in section 12, row 4, A and B are available so that you can buy them and when you do I cannot place the same order for those seats somewhere else. A centralized network is needed for tickets. There are only a few of them in the World. These networks then use other retailers to sell the tickets to the customers. So If Elton John wants to sell his tickets to his concerts around the World those venues need to coordinate with a network to sell the tickets on the website of the venue, on ticketmaster, or on stubhub or  in my case on theatertickets dot com. The retail store like footlocker for Nike is what all these various websites are selling the tickets, there are a lot of retail outlets to buy tickets to the event. They all need a back end network to confirm the price, availability, fulfillment status etc for the tickets. 

What you are doing with this block is saying that a network to distribute tickets to live events is fraud and by default any company using them to fulfill their tickets is fraud based on some complaints about individual retailers or perhaps a retailer or two who uses them and has had their site compromised. The Network itself has not been compromised, my retail store for theatertickets dot com has no malware, viruses, or even complaints against it but you are saying that it is fraudulent in your warnings and hurting my business. This is unjust to make a blanket block on a huge network and impact all the providers downstream without really understanding the way the ticketing market works just based on a few complaints. I feel very strongly that if you are not blocking other providers such as Stubhub, ticketmaster, etc who also are part of back end networks and have similar if not more complaints that it is unjust, and also I believe alleging  fraud to a company that is in no way fraudulent, nor in any way involved in malware is very harmful not only to my business but also to your longterm success. Your goals are very good and helping people to avoid being scammed is a wonderful thing. However, by marking legitimate businesses fraudulent it hurts us both. 

Thanks for taking the time to look into this 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...