Not able to re-activate MBAM Premium

My drive failed, so I replaced it and decided this would be a good time for a Clean Install of Windows 11 64-bit-- so I did that.

But when I installed MBAM premium and went to activate it, it said the license key had been used too many time and had to be deactivated.  Problem is, I can't do that because that install no longer exists -- it is on a failed drive I can't access.

MBAM then switched to the FREE version -- so I thought, OK, I'll use that until I can get this fixed.  But that version nagged me again and again to restart to update -- which I did, and now since Control Panel shows it is version 4.5.10.200 (which I think is the latest), it's not doing that anymore.

But I want to reactivate the PREMIUM version which is what I had installed.

So, I used the mb-support tool to do an Advanced-Clean and reinstall -- but this time, I got an error message that my license was invalid and to contact Support.

Which I did -- three days ago -- and created ticket #3902422 -- but I have heard nothing back from Support since then.

Also, I can n\o longer launch it. Clicking the desktop icon will not launch the program, nor will selecting it from All Programs.

So, I have no idea what to do now and am still waiting for a response on the ticket.

3 minutes ago, Mark_Phelps said:

Which I did -- three days ago -- and created ticket #3902422 -- but I have heard nothing back from Support since then.

4 minutes ago, Mark_Phelps said:

So, I have no idea what to do now and am still waiting for a response on the ticket.

It can take 3-7 weekdays.

You might be able to do this to deactivate your old install. Deactivate or transfer Malwarebytes license key in My Accoun

35 minutes ago, Mark_Phelps said:

OK, I used the Account page, saw three devices and removed two of them.  But it still says three devices active.

How many devices is your subscription good for? Did you refresh the page?

You might have to wait for the support ticket.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, Mark_Phelps said:

Also, I can n\o longer launch it. Clicking the desktop icon will not launch the program, nor will selecting it from All Programs.

Have you been able to open the program after the restart I asked you to do?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

How many devices is your subscription good for? Did you refresh the page?

You might have to wait for the support ticket.

Have you been able to open the program after the restart I asked you to do?

OK, the page now says one active subscription, one device.  I guess I have to remove that, right?

And I have restarted the PC and still can not open MBAM

Just now, Mark_Phelps said:

OK, the page now says one active subscription, one device.  I guess I have to remove that, right?

Yes. Then do the following.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Mark_Phelps said:

OK, I deleted the last device -- and here is the logs file:

Since you can not open the program,

Lets use the same support tool and do a clean uninstall and reinstall. Then try to activate it.

image.png.f55c8c990f99d292d65f7265ac015041.png

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

I thought that was the case yesterday, but today, I got a popup to Restart to Update from MalwareBytes FREE!  I restarted but when I clicked the MB icon to check, it would not launch -- like before.  I went into All Apps and clicked that, and again, it would not launch.  So, I uninstalled it.

I don't know what to do at this point as I though the Advanced Clean and Reinstall from the mb-support tool would fix the issues.

33 minutes ago, Mark_Phelps said:

I thought that was the case yesterday, but today, I got a popup to Restart to Update from MalwareBytes FREE!  I restarted but when I clicked the MB icon to check, it would not launch -- like before.  I went into All Apps and clicked that, and again, it would not launch.  So, I uninstalled it.

I don't know what to do at this point as I though the Advanced Clean and Reinstall from the mb-support tool would fix the issues.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Hello @Mark_Phelps

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the program. Let me get a new set of logs from the MBST tool so I can check on this for you. If we don't find any type of infection then you'll need to open a ticket with support to check on the license.

Consumer Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool or if you still have it, then just run it.
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Like 1