False positive on .dll file?

Thursday434

I apologize for making a new thread since I see other threads about people getting false positives around the same time.  I did a Malwarebytes scan (Components Version: 1.0.1702, Update Package Version: 1.0.56407) and it detected C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\MSHTML.DLL as Trojan Injector.  I quarantined it (it showed replaced).

after seeing the thread about the false positives, I searched for updates, I undid/allowed the quarantined file and ran a normal scan and Full Scan with Update Package Version 1.056411 as the latest, nothing was detected on either scan.  I also ran a scan with both Malwarebytes and Windows defender on the individual file, nothing was detected.

I can provide more info if needed including the Scan Report, but I was kind of assuming it was a false positive.

• Staff

Hello,

I think it was a false positive reported here as well: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/287760-possible-false-positive-trojaninjector/

Since the same file is no longer being detected, it was probably was the same offending rule which has since been disabled.

If you want us to doublecheck, please send your detection log.

Thanks

yeah, better to be safe than sorry, here is the detection log.

I had just downloaded 2 files from a website that I trust and have downloaded from countless times before (curseforge.com) and ran Malwarebyte and Windows Defender scans on downloaded files them selves both zipped and after unzipping, nothing detected, so running the normal Malwarebytes scan afterwards and having it detect something worried me

detection.txt

• Like 1