mbam service using up too much memory

....takes as much memory to run FRST as MBAM service (the memory hog) uses up....

...nice if you'd include a PS..sign on before you run the support tool so you can attach

the FRST file when you REPLY to this message......

note...ahem.

MBAMservice.exe per Process Explorer stats...

cpu time  3:05:08:238

working set 278.5K

private bytes 644.2K

that's HALF+ of the 2G memory on this old machine.

not impressed and I just got billed for the renewal ~$57.

Chagrined in Chicago :angry:

mbst-grab-results.zip

14 minutes ago, jammer said:

that's HALF+ of the 2G memory on this old machine.

Your computer has 4 gigs of RAM according to your log. You also have Avast running as well. Avast does not always play well with Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes usually uses about 250-350MB of memory.

16 minutes ago, jammer said:

not impressed and I just got billed for the renewal ~$57

Is this one device subscription? Did you purchase Malwarebytes Privacy along with it or was yours a 2yr subscription for just Malwarebytes Premium?

Porthos...got me, machine has 4G. braindeath at an early (relatively) age... and AVAST / MB seem to be perfeckly OK, 'cept that...

Ummm yeswell 250-350MB is still waay too much for my taste. AVAST (service) useth but 135K.

Is a two-banger sub, no MB Privacy, thankyouverymuch.

did the support tool thing, reinstalled so ram is at 373MB, about where you've indicated.

howsomeever, it'd be nice if MB adjusted itself according to the available megatonnage. I will look to adding ram to this HP PRO antiquated machine, that'd help.

thanks.:blink:

54 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Your computer has 4 gigs of RAM according to your log. You also have Avast running as well. Avast does not always play well with Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes usually uses about 250-350MB of memory.

Is this one device subscription? Did you purchase Malwarebytes Privacy along with it or was yours a 2yr subscription for just Malwarebytes Premium?

oh, forgot, PS text is now very blurry (hmm is there a blurtext option in this editor?...hint, hint) and indistinct, tough to really read 'cause it's much less dense. trojan or? did adjust Clear Type to no avail, size at 125% for my old eyes.