Heuristic Quarantine - False Postivie?

wdolson

I bought a game, downloaded it, and installed it.  I ran a scan of the downloaded offline installer before installing.  It installed fine, but as soon as I tried to start it, Malwarebyte heuristic detection mechanism quarantined the EXE.  Could this be a false positive, or is there something dodgy about the game file?  I attached the log for this incident.

MalwareBytesFlag.txt

Hello @wdolson and welcome back:

A request has been made to have your topic moved to the False Positives - File Detections subforum.

Thank you for including the valuable notification report. As it is likely benign, please restore EE2.exe from Malwarebytes quarantine and zip the "L:\Games\Empire Earth II Gold\EE2.exe" file and attach/upload it in your next reply to this topic.

As this "Malware.Heuristic.1001" scan result is likely a false positive, please consider making the following change:

If changed to "ON", please return the scan option  "Use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files" to the default "OFF" setting. Reference: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/278532-malwareheuristic100x-detections-and-explanation/

If Malwarebytes' staffers assess the file as harmless, it will be fixed in a future update package and you will be notified.

Thank you.

Staff Info only:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e88e7fc85258e88aa5e2ba1662d8b7b328505208036ae9719e27514754c6b0b5/detection

Edited by 1PW