Possible False Positive - C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\MBAMSERVICE\TMP\CMD.E

BobSoul

I found this detection strange since it appears to be Malwarebytes detecting something in its own directories

I  tried to attach the Diagnostics log  but the file is to large ?- trying to get the file to restore so I can send that as well seems to be stuck in pending on the nebula console at the moment.

What do I need to trim on the diag logs to get this file smaller?

• Endpoint name: wmsdroffice2
  • OS platform: Windows
  • OS release name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • Location: C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\MBAMSERVICE\TMP\CMD.EXE-K.MBAM
  • Policy name: Retina Consultants
  • Report time: June 16th 2022, 10:23:21 UTC
  • Scan time: June 16th 2022, 10:01:03 UTC
  • Action taken: Quarantined
  • Threat name: Trojan.ShellCode
  • Type: file

Thank you - I figured --  since after the restore of the file it never actually restored - updating the endpoint databases and running again --  for future reference how do I get the diag export to be smaller it exported at 90mb so its to large for uploads to forum

• Staff

You can always zip the report. But it might still be large.

For False positives, we only need the detection log itself. You can manually collect this on the endpoint where the detection was available, located in the ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ScanResults directory.

Also more info here: https://service.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413789306771-Collect-Malwarebytes-Endpoint-Agent-diagnostic-logs - Our Nebula customers typically contact our support via the ticket system where it supports larger files to collect as opposed to this forum where this is limited.

You can of course always use 3rd party services to upload the file to and get a link to download :)