Favorite snackfood?

mountaintree16

I don't really snack, but there is nothing as refreshing or that hits the spot quite like a Pineapple Fruju on a hot day! Mmmmmm. :blink: For those not in NZ (which is everyone except me probably!) they are an iceblock made out of pineapple juice. I think you call iceblocks "ice lollies" in North America.

I never outgrew iceblocks. Lemonade ones are also good. ;)

sounds yummy catscomputer!

Do you know what a popsicle is? that's what this sounds like :( I've never heard of it being called an ice block before, cool name though, no pun intended :blink:

I love frozen treats ;)

Yup mountaintree - a popsicle is an iceblock. A popsicle is just a brand of iceblock here. Like Frujus are a brand of iceblock, if you get what I mean.

Some time I shall have to provide a list of Kiwi-isms. We speak British English here, but there are words that are uniquely ours too. And words that are uniquely Australasian. I had a very interesting time in the US confusing people with words that mean one thing here and COMPLETELY another thing there. :blink: I like languages.

oh, okay, Catscomputer. I understand what you mean about it being a brand now, thanks for explaining that to me :blink: Popsicle is a brand too but its typically used to refer to anything similar to one, even if its not of the popsicle brand (I know I do it, hehe).

That would be awesome, I'd enjoy reading them! I like languages too, and learning different words for things. I know a few English ones, such as flat, loo, etc.

@ Elizabeth9

I like crisps/chips too <_<

I like Sourcream and Onion the most.

I also love dipping them in sourcream or a mild cheese dip.

there are so many different varieties of crisps now, so lots to choose from :)

@ mountaintree16

sourcream and onion crisps are good

sweet chilli crisps are even better, lol

French onion dip is nice.

Tuna mousse dip is my top fave.

Sweet potato and cashews is pretty good too.

You're right about the variety -- sometimes there's too many to make a decision, I want them all!

@ Elizabeth9

I've never heard of sweet chilli crisps, I don't think I'd like them to be honest, but if you like that kind of flavor they sound great!

I tend to want to try all the varieties that sound good to me too! So many!

Do you have the brand Sun Chips there? They are different from most other chips and I quite like them.

@ mountaintree

I've not heard of Sun chips, they could be sold in Australia but just not in my area.

The sweet chilli crisps come in two types, kettle chips which are thicker and very crispy or the ordinary thin and crispy sort.

There was a Tex-Mex version out at one stage, but it's disappeared off the shelves so maybe it didn't sell well. I liked 'em.