how can i know for sure my pc is clean after i got hacked

got hacked like 4 to 5 days ago i think i clicked on a link and as well i downloaded some stuff from google chrome that were blocked like it said discard item on the downloads 

i was using my pc and i saw my discord app sending messages to everyone i have direct messaged so i quickly changed my discord password on my pc and i installed malwarebytes and it found 21 items and i deleted them and then i slept but left my pc open and then i get a message from google saying someone tried to login to my account through a suspicious app when i was a sleep so i formatted  my pc and chose the don't keep any files and when the format was done and i entered my new pc the whole d drive was there so i just deleted it manually and the c drive had more space than before but it had a folder called old windows and i deleted that as well so am i safe now can i have some app installed from you guys so i could make sure im not keylogged or controlled by a rat please

Hello @Labuly  and  :welcome:

My name is MKDB and I will assist you.

Some ground rules:

• Please follow the steps in the given order and post back the logs.
  • Please attach all logs into your post.
  • Before we start, please make sure that you have an external backup, not connected to this system, of all private data.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus or other security software first. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Searching, detecting and removing malware isn't instantaneous and there is no guarantee to repair every system. Please be patient and stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • Only run the tools I guide you to. Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Cracked or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • As English is not my native language, please do not use slang or idoms. It may be hard for me to understand.

Step 1

Please download the suitable version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it to your desktop: 32bit | 64bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Check the box in front of Shortcut.txt.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • FRST will create three logs (FRST.txt + Addition.txt + Shortcut.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach these logfiles to your next reply.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

As he posted above to get the logs. Here is a similar post but with images

Please do the following so that we can get started and see what's going on.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    Do not click on any Ads.

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

DOC-1318-1.png

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

a.  Click More info.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190254/DOC-1318-2.png
         b.  Click Run anyway.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190294/DOC-1318-3.png
  5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

image.png

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

image.png

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

image.png

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

image.png

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

image.png

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy/paste the contents of the logs directly

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_10/_mb_attach.jpg.dbd89b8e360d3763b3bbe33ce83d680d.jpg

Thanks

1 hour ago, Labuly said:

thanks a lot just one thing what do you mean by logs ??

The tools we use will create log files for us to analyse. You should attach those log files with your next answer.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Labuly said:

and as well external backup u mean like a hard drive and upload the stuff i have on my pc on there ?!

No, you should not upload your stuff here.

I just wanted to point out that you should back up your private data regularly.

@Labuly please follow the instructions given by me and @AdvancedSetup for using Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST). We need those logfiles to get an overview of your system.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the log files @Labuly.

There is no malware visible in your logs, your files look good to me.

Thank you for your cooperation, we're done.

Final Step

• Right-Click on FRST64 and choose Rename.
  • Rename FRST64 into Uninstall.
  • Run Uninstall.
  • FRST and it’s files/folders will be deleted.
  • If the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restarts normally.

A few final recommendations:

1. Recommend using a Password Manager for all websites, etc. that require a password. Never use the same password on more than one site.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240255/password-managers-compared-lastpass-vs-keepass-vs-dashlane-vs-1password/
  2. Make sure you're backing up your files https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/136226-backup-software/
  3. Keep all software up to date - PatchMyPC - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download
  4. Keep your Operating System up to date and current at all times - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-faq-8a903416-6f45-0718-f5c7-375e92dddeb2
  5. Further tips to help protect your computer data and improve your privacy: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/ 
  6. Please consider installing the following Content Blockers for your Web browsers if you haven't done so already. This will help improve overall security

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

uBlock Origin

Further reading if you like to keep up on the malware threat scene: Malwarebytes Blog  https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

Hopefully, we've been able to assist you with correcting your system issues.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection.

Thank you.

As this topic seems to be solved, I do not follow it any longer.

Take care!