i got hacked by clicking a link or downloading some dangerous file

i clicked a link which is probs a phishing link and as well downloaded a dangerous file blocked by chrome so then i was just chilling on my pc and i always have my discord open so i saw lots of ppl are getting msgs from me saying get free nitro with a link in the msg after that i reset my passwords but i think i have been keylogged because someone tried to access my acc and i think he did after couple of hours of me noticing the discord msgs 

i installed malwarebytes and it detected 21 files but delete 19 and then i manually deleted the 2 that stayed as i could recall im not sure and then i formatted pc and chose the delete all files option but when the format was done i still had the all the files of the d drive so i manually deleted them on my new formatted pc and then i deleted windows.old folder in the c drive am i safe now please help

• Root Admin

Good day, @Labuly

It sounds like you did not do a proper clean install of Windows. Let me have you do the following, please.

Click on Start Search and type in "Activation" and then take a screenshot of what it shows and post that back, please.

image.png

Example of Activation settings

image.png

• Root Admin

Excellent

image.png

That means you can even replace the hard drive with a new drive and install Windows 10 from scratch and it will still activate properly.

I would highly recommend you follow the advice from Greg Carmack and do a proper CLEAN install of Windows 10

Greg Carmack - MVP 2010-2020 -Clean Install Windows 10
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

How to Create a Local Account While Setting Up Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/442792/how-to-create-a-local-account-while-setting-up-windows-10/

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you