Browser Guard causing sbox_fatal_memory_exceeded errors

axman53

I use an insurance carrier website in the course of my business and the I've recently been getting page crashes. The Chrome error is sbox_fatal_memory_exceeded. In incognito mode, no problem AND the portal tools run instantaneously. In normal mode, the portal tools run slow and the page crashed. Even the home page before I actually log in crashes! Removed the Malwarebytes browser guard extension fixes the problem. How can I submit a ticket so someone will look at this and fix it? Thank you.

We will need to get a screenshot and a Browser Guard debug log from you.  I also have a few questions for you while you are getting that information to us...

1. Is that error something we can reproduce, or does it require authentication?
  2. Is this on Windows or Mac?
  3. Is your Browser Guard enabled to work in regular mode as well as incognito, or just regular mode?
  4. Is this related to uploading or downloading information?
  5. Do you have any other browser extensions in use?
  6. Have you tried doing the same processes in Firefox or Edge, and if so, what were the results?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

We will need to get a screenshot and a Browser Guard debug log from you.  I also have a few questions for you while you are getting that information to us...

1. Is that error something we can reproduce, or does it require authentication? A: As I mentioned, even the login page crashes eventually. So, you would not have to log in to reproduce, although logging in will make it happen faster.
  2. Is this on Windows or Mac? A: Windows
  3. Is your Browser Guard enabled to work in regular mode as well as incognito, or just regular mode? A: Just regular mode.
  4. Is this related to uploading or downloading information? A: No
  5. Do you have any other browser extensions in use? A: Yes, but I removed every one of them except for you and 1Password. Removing yours fixed the problem.
  6. Have you tried doing the same processes in Firefox or Edge, and if so, what were the results? A: Tried on Edge. Got similar results. Not the same exact error message, but the Edge says that there are problems with the page or some such thing.

Now, my questions: How do I get a Browser Guard debug log?

If even the login page crashes eventually, I will eventually need to ask you for the URL of the login page (unless your log specifies it clearly).

Use these two attachments as guides for getting the log. Please make sure that you get the log right after the failure occurs.  They can get big and that makes it easier to get lost in the log.

_step_1.png

_step_2.png

I will check out the log and send it to our devs.  Just on that login page, a memory leak starts up after 5-10 seconds, and its off to the races from there.  Thanks for the info!

This is interesting.  If I start the page without Browser Guard enabled, there are no problems at all (as you are aware).  If I start with Browser Guard enabled, a memory leak starts after 5 seconds.  If I shut off Browser Guard, the memory leak continues unabated.  Same pattern with Firefox...

I will send this to dev along with your debug log.  It is easily reproducible here just by going to the login page and observing the results.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:37 PM, gonzo said:

This is interesting.  If I start the page without Browser Guard enabled, there are no problems at all (as you are aware).  If I start with Browser Guard enabled, a memory leak starts after 5 seconds.  If I shut off Browser Guard, the memory leak continues unabated.  Same pattern with Firefox...

I will send this to dev along with your debug log.  It is easily reproducible here just by going to the login page and observing the results.

I don't suppose that a fix for this will happen quickly? Basically I have to shut off the browser extension to do any work at all. I'm not comfortable with that really.