Wireless printer won't print no matter what!

HP Laserjet Pro 1102w

When I try to print something, it goes to the printing queue and it says 'x document(s) are in the queue waiting to be printed'. I apparently have the latest driver and of course I have the toner too.

What I've tried:

Services-->Print Spooler-->Disable-->Explorer: PRINTERS-->Delete all print jobs-->Go back to Services-->Re-enable Print Spooler

Whenever I turn off then turn back on the printer, it ends up printing out whatever that was set to be printed in the first place. But not until I turn it off then back on!

• Root Admin

Please do the following so that we can get started and see what's going on.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    Do not click on any Ads.

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

DOC-1318-1.png

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

a.  Click More info.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190254/DOC-1318-2.png
         b.  Click Run anyway.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190294/DOC-1318-3.png
  5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

image.png

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

image.png

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

image.png

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

image.png

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

image.png

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy/paste the contents of the logs directly

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_10/_mb_attach.jpg.dbd89b8e360d3763b3bbe33ce83d680d.jpg

Thanks

• Root Admin

You might try doing a factory reset of your router then

Please ensure that you have the user manual for your router. Then perform a factory reset.

How To Reset Your Router
https://setuprouter.com/networking/how-to-reset-your-router/

Depending on one's preferences and the Router's capabilities please consider the following.

• Disable acceptance of ICMP Pings
  • Change the Default Router password using a Strong Password
  • Use a Strong WiFi password on WPA2  using AES encryption or Enable WPA3 if it is an option.
  • Disable Remote Management
  • Create separate WiFi networks for groups of devices with similar purposes to prevent an entire network of devices from being compromised if a malicious actor is able to gain unauthorized access to one device or network. Example: Keep IoT devices on one network and mobile devices on another.
  • Change the network name (SSID).  Do not use your; Name, Postal address, or other personal information.  Make it unique or whimsical and known to your family/group.
  • Is the Router Firmware up-to-date?  Updating the firmware mitigates exploitable vulnerabilities.
  • Specifically set Firewall rules to BLOCK;   TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139, 445, 1234, 3389 and 5555
  • Document passwords created and store them in a safe but accessible location.

17 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

You might try doing a factory reset of your router then

Please ensure that you have the user manual for your router. Then perform a factory reset.

How To Reset Your Router
https://setuprouter.com/networking/how-to-reset-your-router/

Depending on one's preferences and the Router's capabilities please consider the following.

• Disable acceptance of ICMP Pings
  • Change the Default Router password using a Strong Password
  • Use a Strong WiFi password on WPA2  using AES encryption or Enable WPA3 if it is an option.
  • Disable Remote Management
  • Create separate WiFi networks for groups of devices with similar purposes to prevent an entire network of devices from being compromised if a malicious actor is able to gain unauthorized access to one device or network. Example: Keep IoT devices on one network and mobile devices on another.
  • Change the network name (SSID).  Do not use your; Name, Postal address, or other personal information.  Make it unique or whimsical and known to your family/group.
  • Is the Router Firmware up-to-date?  Updating the firmware mitigates exploitable vulnerabilities.
  • Specifically set Firewall rules to BLOCK;   TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139, 445, 1234, 3389 and 5555
  • Document passwords created and store them in a safe but accessible location.

Didn't work

If I may @WannabeSysAdminx...

I get the impression...

1. The HP Printer is on WiFi.
  2. The printer receives a Print Job, it reacts to the receipt of the job but you have to cycle the power to get "something" printed.

Do I have that correct ?

What is the printer's IP Address ?

Please install Telnet

Control Panel  -->  Programs and Features  --> Turn Windows Features On or Off  --> Telnet
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/38433.windows-10-enabling-telnet-client.aspx

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

5 hours ago, David H. Lipman said:

What is the printer's IP Address ?

Please install Telnet

Control Panel  -->  Programs and Features  --> Turn Windows Features and or Off  --> Telnet
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/38433.windows-10-enabling-telnet-client.aspx

Installed, done, now what do I do?

Turn on the HP Printer.

In a Command Prompt (Run; CMD.EXE with admin priveledges) type;  ping -t  IP_Address

So if the IP address is;  192.168.1.3   type;     PING -t  192.168.1.3

Image.jpg.5601cb4c30b7b78eb85f70f881492a4c.jpg

Let it go for a little while.  Ctrl+C will stop it.  We are looking for consistent "time".  In the above its shows a consistent PING time of less than 1ms.

Then what I'd like for you to do is to run;  telnet  IP_ADDRESS  9100

So if the IP address is;  192.168.1.3 type;    telnet   192.168.1.3   9100

That will open a Telnet session to the RAW Printer port of the HP Print Server.  Type a whole bunch of keyboard characters.  They will not be echoed to the screen but will go straight in the Printer's Buffer.  After you have typed a whole bunch of characters you can close the Telnet session.

Once closed, the printer should print whatever you typed in the Telnet Session.

Q:

1. Do you see a consistent PING time to the HP Printer or does it vary a lot ?
  2. Once you closed that Telnet session, did the Printer print a page of whatever you typed in said Telnet Session ?

On 6/8/2022 at 9:33 PM, David H. Lipman said:

Turn on the HP Printer.

In a Command Prompt (Run; CMD.EXE with admin priveledges) type;  ping -t  IP_Address

Let it go for a little while.  Ctrl+C will stop it.  We are looking for consistent "time".  In the above its shows a consistent PING time of less than 1ms.

That will open a Telnet session to the RAW Printer port of the HP Print Server.  Type a whole bunch of keyboard characters.  They will not be echoed to the screen but will go straight in the Printer's Buffer.  After you have typed a whole bunch of characters you can close the Telnet session.

Q:

2. Once you closed that Telnet session, did the Printer print a page of whatever you typed in said Telnet Session ?

How do I find the IP of my network printer? It says

image.png.38ab5c060ac4100ade5f16902d7a9ac1.png

On 6/8/2022 at 9:33 PM, David H. Lipman said:

Turn on the HP Printer.

Q:

It varied a lot

No it didn't print a page

(I had found the IP address of the printer btw)

Please reset the Printer

https://www.worldwidewebs.com.au/billing/knowledgebase/337/RESET-A-HP-P1102W-TO-FACTORY-SETTINGS.html

Once done, add the printer back to WiFi and try the Telnet session one last time.  If a Telnet session still does not Print per Post  ID:1519277  then you will have to contact HP.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

On 6/17/2022 at 1:33 PM, David H. Lipman said:

Please reset the Printer

https://www.worldwidewebs.com.au/billing/knowledgebase/337/RESET-A-HP-P1102W-TO-FACTORY-SETTINGS.html

Once done, add the printer back to WiFi and try the Telnet session one last time.  If a Telnet session still does not Printer per Post  ID:1519277  then you will have to contact HP.

So I did what you had advised and now the wireless blue light just keeps on flashing, it won't be detected by my laptop (windows 10). The SSID and IP Address were in fact cleared completely.