'Windows Firewall off' notification after installing Malwarebytes

4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Different Resets can potentially delete your data.

If you cannot create a USB disk to do this work then let me suggest you take the computer to a local computer repair facility and let them know you need help and that you're highly concerned about getting your data back at all costs.

Then, in the future make sure you perform backups of your data so that you're not potentially left in this predicament in the future.

There is a option that states it can keep files. I do not know enough on how explicit this is? and I don't want to take the risk, not knowing the full facts of this. The other option within "pc reset" is a complete reset, deletes everything, obviously I'm not going to take this option.

The problem I have is I had no laptop to work on to create anything as mine is broke, I have managed now to borrow a laptop from someone thankfully, I'm now creating the usb disc from your link.

I'm always extremly concious of what my laptop performs , hence I have never had issues before. I do keep back ups, but certianly not weekly or monthly, had I of known this would lead to this happening, prior to upgrading malwarebytes I would of made a back up. I'm not sure how I have ended up with the laptop in this predicament after doing the upgrade but it is now sadly. And I am hoping this can be recovered back to the great laptop it has been for me with a bit of luck, fingers crossed.

I've adjusted to boot from this new USB with the created files from the link and laptop has booted to this screen. 

I've tried the repair option, it takes me back to the normal repair screen that I've been seeing before. If I click install is this correct to get this log?

20220531_215828.thumb.jpg.faa9bd38a71371a55afb8e2de30a59fa.jpg

Edited by JIO22
Add picture

• Root Admin

Thank you. Let's try the following.

Save the attached FIXLIST.txt file to the same location on the USB thumb drive.

Then put it back into the affected computer. Run Farbar again and click on FIX (in the bad computer) and let it run.

Then see if the computer will start back into Normal Mode or not and let me know.

fixlist.txt

• Like 1

Hi Sorry for the delay. We must have a time difference, I'm here in the UK and I had to go to sleep as it iwas almost midnight, but thank you for replying to me.

I've ran you fix list file, unfortunately the laptop still won't boot and is the same. I'll attach the  fix log file here. I'll wait for you to reply for the next steps.

Thanks again.

Fixlog.txt

Edited by JIO22

Also just to note, when I ran the fixlist in farbar it ran very quickly and didn't take very long. It was maybe about 4 or 5 seconds then it was completed. Hopefully this is normal, but thought it is worth mentioning in case it isn't.

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, the FIX in Recovery Mode is fast as it was only doing a few specific things.

Please run the Farbar scanner again and click on SCAN and get me a new fresh FRST.TXT

I'll do this as soon as I can and post back on here. I'm away at work on nights at the moment so will try and do tomorrow when I am up. 

Thank you. 

• Root Admin

Let's try downloading and running the Kaspersky Removal Tool

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/1464#block2

Please see if removing Kaspersky helps correct this issue

Direct download link:  https://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information