I think MalwareBytes Has Been Breached

Over the last couple of days I've been getting hit with spam emails that, by all appearances, seem to be from MalwareBytes.  These emails encourage me to click a couple of different links.  The email addresses that are receiving these communications are used exclusively for Malwarebytes accounts, some of which haven't been in use for quite some time.  There is no way to unsubscribe from these emails.  

Please advise.

We'd have to see the Full Headers and Body of the email.  There are numerous scams that emulate a company.  Some are quite convincing.  However when you view the contents there are inconsistencies and the email did not emanate from the masqueraded company.  The Full Headers and Body of the email are the determinate.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

• Root Admin

Please save the actual email and zip it up. Then attach it to a new support ticket and someone will assist you in looking into the issue.

You can click the link below to fill out a form that will create the support ticket.

Consumer Support
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Note that it can take 3 to 5 workdays before a reply after the initial automated reply.

Thank you

I continue to receive spammy email that claims to be from Keith Carlson (kcarlson@malwarebytes.com) with MalwareBytes.  Running the headers through mxtoolbox.com, DMARC, DKIM, and SPF all check out.

I understand that you want me to start a ticket with regarding this, but to that, I have to give you another email address, which I don't really want to do considering your security issues.  For the time being, I'll communicate strictly via this forum.

If I do decide to submit a ticket, how do you want me to qualify the ticket so that it goes to the correct team?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The emails from Keith keep coming.  There is no way to unsubscribe from these.  We've filed a formal complaint with the FTC.  We will also not be renewing any of our licenses with your company and will be counseling all of our clients to look at other options.  

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DianaSenjas said:

The emails from Keith keep coming.  There is no way to unsubscribe from these.  We've filed a formal complaint with the FTC.  We will also not be renewing any of our licenses with your company and will be counseling all of our clients to look at other options.  

Please create a support ticket and have them manually remove you from all lists.

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help Please submit only one ticket/request. Additional tickets will increase the delay.

Be advised it can take 3-7 weekdays for a response after the automated reply with your ticket number.