Malware was cleaned but...

Everything was working good but when I tried to download and install windows  Updates the screen froze and windows stopped responding. I forces it to shutdown.

But when i restarted and opened taskmanager 100disk started again. And that too constant 100%disk usage .

I'll give you an update if it goes on or comes to normal after installing the windows update.

• Root Admin

Sometimes updates can take a very long time and consume a lot of resources. Forcing a shutdown should be avoided as it can leave the computer in an unstable state. Just let it run. Go out and do something or go to bed and let it run. 

Turn off power saving sleep so it dosen't  go to sleep and can finish updating. 

Umm the problem still exists when I open youtube on chrome or do any other tasks the program stops responding.

Specially when I am playing valorant or other games it lags and freezes in such a way that I can't do nothing.

Should I reset my PC to bring it back to normal?

<<remark>> This is a Sunday & the extended holiday for Memorial Day. Wait for AdvancedSetup. Stick with him. He will continue to guide you.
Just do not make changes on your own.
If your pc is having issues on Microsoft Updates, then, personnaly, in my humble opinion, I would not be on Youtube or doing games.
I would suggest though that you "clear ALL cache for ALL time" on Chrome + EDGE. That would benefit the performance of the browsers.

I simply would like to offer some remarks about Chrome & web browsers & Windows.

As to Chrome, insure it is the latest release from Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?
On some periodic basis, suggest to delete all Cache content on Chrome for "all time" period. That will help keep Chrome running more snappy.
open Chrome.
At the top right, click More .
Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
Choose the time range All time.
Select the types of information that you want to remove.
Click Clear data.

By the way, the same principle applies to the Edge browser in Windows 11 / 10. Clearing all cache helps.

The section for EDGE browser how-to https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/286888-few-malwares-were-failed-to-removed/?do=findComment&comment=1517006

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Like 1

• Root Admin

Please follow this article and be aggressive about cleaning Google Chrome. We don't have a specific article for Microsoft Edge, but it's based on the same technology as Google Chrome and uses the CHROMIUM web browser base.

After you have aggressively cleaned both browsers, then restart the computer again @not_admin and run the Farbar program and get me new logs.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Thank you

i don't really have issue with chrome or my browser. I am having issues with overall lag freezing and stuttering of my computer, it occurs at random when i am normally using my pc, but mostly it happens when i am watching videos or playing games like Valorant, i also have random freezing issue and when the pc starts working normally i hear some beeps  (like 3 - 5 beeps). i am also having issue of 100% disk usage as i told you earlier.

and here are the files you asked for 

Addition.txt FRST.txt

• Root Admin

Let's clean up some more items

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

NOTE-3: As part of this fix it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Root Admin

It's just Unicode that gets deleted as part of the cleanup routines. Nothing to worry about.

The computer shows it has some Windows Updates that need to be installed.

Please click on Start / Search and type in "Check for updates" then have Windows scan for and install any updates it finds.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT force restart the computer. Let windows download and install any updates it needs even if it takes 8 hours to complete. Turn off SLEEP mode and allow the updates to complete.

When it is ready, it will let you know, then click to restart. Forcing a restart can cause BSOD that may not be able to be fixed.

I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

• Root Admin

If that is true then you probably have a hardware issue.

At this point my suggestion would be to perform a Hard Drive disk diagnostic

Please see if you can download and run the following tool

https://www.canvio.jp/en/support/download/hdd/ot_sdt/en.htm

https://www.canvio.jp/en/support/download/hdd/ot_sdt/exe/ToshibaStorageDiagnosticTool_1.30.8920.exe

• Root Admin

This is a very old and slow hard drive. It is a 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drive.

Not sure if you can afford it or not, but if you can you might consider replacing it with an SSD drive that is 5 times faster.

image.png

You can get a 250GB SSD drive for about $60

image.png

Then do a fresh clean install of Windows 11 and your computer will be so much faster.

However, if the disk does not show any issues then I'd look around at doing some other hardware diagnostics. With the cleaning we've done the computer should be running much faster than before.