Computer won’t boot into windows

So yesterday I was clearing up some space on my pc and found that I don’t need to use malwarebytes anymore so I uninstalled it. Everything went fine and nothing out of the blue had happened. Then as I was also uninstalling avast antivirus my computer froze and put me into a recovery page. It said my pc needs to be repaired and it is missing a critical component to boot up.

The thing missing: \Windows\System32\DRIVERS\MbamElam.sys

error code: 0xc000007b

im able to get into bios but not able to boot with any other drive. Can’t go into safe mode. And I saw other people going without a antivirus and getting in but that didn’t work for me. So far I have found no way into my pc at all. Worst case scenario I’m going to have to clean wipe my ssd and get a new windows on it. Which will be horrible since I have a TON of stuff I can’t lose on that drive. Please let me know what I can do!!!!! Not to mention this computer is expensive and I don’t want to bring it to best buy

65CB1312-4547-4A51-9C84-F113D715E91F.jpeg

Hello @Timefly 

• Windows version is what ??
  • Do you have a USB-thumb-flash drive that can be re-purposed , of at least 8 GB size ?
  • and have you by chance been able to navigate to the Windows Recovery environment command prompt ?
  • Do you have another working Windows machine that can be used to do downloads and to make the USB-recovery device ?

By the way, if we slow down and watch and be careful, the bottom of your screen indicates that pressing F8 function key can then lead it to show the Advanced startup menu list. At which point you can pick 

• Safe mode with Networking or
  • Safe mode
  • The Safe mode with Networking would be the best choice

So I’m in windows 10 and I have a external hard drive with a terabyte. But my friend has got a flash drive with windows on it already and he said he can come and reinstall windows. The problem is he said it will wipe my ssd. And I don’t want that to happen that’s why I’m contacting support. I don’t know what the windows recovery command prompt is but every time I try to go into safe mode the computer instantly goes back to the recovery page. And I have tried with networking and without. Both don’t do anything

• Root Admin

Go into the Recovery Console.
Then open an elevated Admin command prompt and run the following command.

sc delete MbamElam

Then restart the computer into Normal Mode and get us some logs

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

Sorry I’m a little confused on how to get into recovery console and how to open a elevated admin command prompt. Is there a step by step tutorial I can follow or a tutorial online? I attached my options for when I turn my pc on. I haven’t tried recovery environment yet. But I am able to get into the UEFI1351FC54-F124-4BAB-AA42-62C8E300634F.thumb.jpeg.c7015664fb97ea6d77a9a6527df452e3.jpeg

165857C0-B65A-49CA-9DB6-106114D371EE.jpeg

• Ried locked this topic