Malware.Heuristic.1003 / Game Dark City Vienna CE

Libby

Hi,

I think I have a couple of false positives. I installed the Big Fish game 'Dark City - Vienna Collectors Edition' years ago and, despite me scanning regularly, just now Malware Bytes all of a sudden gave a couple of Malware.Heuristic.1003.

Included are the requested .txt file and the supposedly infected game files. Hopefully those false positives can be fixed/restored, assuming they are indeed false. If not, please let me know. 

If you need additional information, please let me know as well.

Thank you. 

Dark City - Vienna CE Detected Files.rar Dark City - Vienna CE Scan results.txt

Since I cannot edit my message, let me just add another edit. I have read that thread and it seems I indeed enabled 'Expert systems algorithms'. That will show me not to be so paranoid anymore 🤪 and enable settings I probably not fully understand. It also explained why, for years, those mentioned files where not flagged since that setting was not always enabled. So I think everything is good and safe. Thanks for helping and informing me. Take care. 

• Staff

These are fps and have been whitelisted. 

Expert system algorithms is a very aggressive mode and leaves it to the user to sort our if its a fp or 0 day malware. It should only be turned on if there are other detections with a threat scan and you want to make sure there are no other zero day malware. 

• Thanks 1