Disabling drivers

Chas4

Have about 4 drivers to disable (that are blocking a security feature from being turned on, they were fine on Win 10 but Win 11 wants new versions and those are not made as some are EOL or abandoned  by the developer and are all for external hardware), how does one disable the drivers?

31 minutes ago, Chas4 said:

(that are blocking a security feature from being turned on

What security features and what drivers? A log will also help.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

No need for that tool, as it is Core Isolation that is blocked by some old drivers (some for different models of TV tuners and 1 for an external HDD (has a firewire 400 or 800 or USB interface)).

Windows 11 is more strict than Windows 10

Edited by Chas4

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Since your not willing to help me help you, I will let someone else assist. Sorry.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-protection-in-windows-security-afa11526-de57-b1c5-599f-3a4c6a61c5e2 Core Isolation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78

Windows 10 was less strict compared to Windows 11

All I am asking is how to disable a few old drivers that are blocking enabling of Core Isolation.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Thanks, the tool listed at 8:54 helped me find the drivers to remove (could not remove them via the terminal and they did not show in device manager at all).

Now just have to wait on Oracle to fix their broken CPU support for Linux guest VMs in Virtualbox above version 6.1.30 (6.1.32 & 6.1.34 are broken for some Linux Guest OSes), 6.1.30 has an incompatible display driver for the Core isolation (the newer version have a compatible version but break the ability to boot some VMs so the work around is to downgrade to 6.1.30 of virtualbox)