Jump to content

[ RESOLVED ] Malwarebytes charged my card when Auto-renew was disabled


ctp9
 Share

Recommended Posts

And if that was not suspicious / annoying enough - they are now also not responding to my ticket which was submitted more than 48 hours ago. When it comes to unauthorized credit card charges - customer service turnaround time should never be more than 24 hours to address such matters! It is people's money they are taking, and money matters are not a joke that can be put on low priority. What sort of horrible customer service is this? Respond to my ticket, dipsh*ts. And permanently delete/scrub my banking info and my account from your servers - for this is beyond reprehensible and unacceptable from you guys. Attached is a screenshot of my account that shows "Auto-renew" was disabled - but the payment still went through:

MB_auto_renew_was_disabled.png.f83d3835e382dd4ca25f72b9d8275273.png

Mods please send me a private message and I'll provide you the ticket #.

I wish it didn't come to this, but unfortunately here we are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ctp9 said:

customer service turnaround time should never be more than 24 hours to address such matters!

All tickets are first come first serve.

Please post the ticket number here that would be fastest.

When did you submit the ticket and did you submit more than one?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

All tickets are first come first serve.

Please post the ticket number here that would be fastest.

When did you submit the ticket and did you submit more than one?

 

Thank you for your reply. Ticket number is 3832246 and was the only one submitted, ~48 hours ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Porthos said:

I have asked someone to look into it but support is weekdays only so it might not get a response until Monday.😒

Well - you did good, and I appreciate your prompt responses! But when it comes to "customer support"... I expected nothing less than this treatment from them after nearly 2 days of silence. And now the "weekend" excuse to top the horrible experience off...

Will they learn anything from my feedback/complaint? Who knows... but my hunch tells me no, they won't learn and/or improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ctp9 said:

And now the "weekend" excuse to top the horrible experience off...

I am sorry you have this issue. Unfortunately, Support tickets response is generally 3-7 weekdays.

I am sure this will be escalated.

Side note, When did you switch off renewal?

I personally wonder if PayPal is the cause of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I am sorry you have this issue. Unfortunately, Support tickets response is generally 3-7 weekdays.

I am sure this will be escalated.

Side note, When did you switch off renewal?

I personally wonder if PayPal is the cause of this.

I switched Auto-renew off on March 22 - last month. This setting should have been obeyed by the system but evidently it wasn't. Took me by surprise when I saw the statement from PayPal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ctp9 said:

Took me by surprise when I saw the statement from PayPal.

I have a feeling PayPal auto bills whether it is off on Malwarebytes side or not. I do not know that for sure but as a tech I can ask PayPal to setup a recurring subscription and have to manually turn it off.

I use PayPal personally but avoid it for purchases as I get cash back from my credit card. Stuck with it on eBay though for the occasional purchase.

 

Edited by Porthos
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have a feeling PayPal auto bills whether it is off on Malwarebytes side or not. I do not know that for sure but as a tech I can ask PayPal to setup a recurring subscription and have to manually turn it off.

I use PayPal personally but avoid it for purchases as I get cash back from my credit card. Stuck with it on eBay though for the occasional purchase.

 

I haven't thought of that but you might be right with that assumption...

I guess I'll have to yank automatic payment authorization from PayPal once the refund arrives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to provide an update and let you know that this issue has been resolved by customer support. I also revoked PayPal payment subscription so this story does not repeat itself. Feel free to delete this thread if you wish and thanks for the assistance!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.