MBG 2.4.0 hangs after a Factory Reset.

1PW
Go to solution Solved by 1PW,

macOS 12.3.1 (21E258) Monterey on a 2021 MBP18,1 Apple M1 Pro 10-core CPU and Firefox 99.0.1

MBG had already auto-updated itself from 2.3.21 -> 2.4.0.

Pro tem - All other Firefox Add-ons are disabled though not removed.

Hello All:

I had read of an unrelated MBG block somewhere and I was curious about it and I thought I would invoke a MBG Factory Reset + DB update first.

Visually the imposed Factory Reset seemed to work as usual and the MBG window closed as expected. When the MBG support window was re-opened for a DB update, the Window with the "Let's go" button appeared. I selected the "Let's go" button but the execution loops.

I have restarted macOS and reinstalled Firefox 99.0.1, but the only way to avoid the "Let's go" loop is to "Remove" and install the MBG extension again.

Once trapped in the "Let's go" loop, neither a Screenshot nor a "Download Debug Logs" is accessible.

This issue is reproducible with an Intel based MBP11,3 running macOS 11.6.5 (20G527) Big Sur.

Workaround: In the interim, a Factory Reset needs to be avoided for macOS/Firefox.

If not reproducible there, I would like to capture this issue's profile for dev analysis if someone can enlighten me regarding "Download Debug Logs", or other.

This issue does not exist with MBG 2.4.0 and Chrome 100.0.4896.127 on this M1 based platform.

Thank you as always.

cc: @gatortail

Edited by 1PW
  • 1 month later...