iphone 11 Content Ad and Web content blockers will not toggle on or enable

31 minutes ago, Bakes said:

Installed app on iphone. Followed directions: Go to Settings, Scroll down and tap Safari, Tap Extensions, Toggle Malwarebytes - Ad blocking or Web Protection. Toggle remains greyed out. Will not budge.

I assume you purchased Malwarebytes for IOS?

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I assume you purchased Malwarebytes for IOS?

One cannot download the iOS/iPadOS extension without purchasing first, at least since the beta testing phase ended months ago.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

One cannot download the iOS/iPadOS extension without purchasing first, at least since the beta testing phase ended months ago.

I do not live in the Apple world. I was going only on this. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038521174

image.png.aba377bd304a98160d5cf24617da4ea7.png

Edited by Porthos

@Porthos Sorry, you are correct that those premium features require a monthly or annual subscription, but the ad blocking is free so should allow enabling.

Edited by alvarnell

20 minutes ago, Bakes said:

I have an annual prescription through EERO Secure+

I think this is the issues.

From EERO IOS is not a supported device with EERO.

Requirements:

• An eero WiFi system
  • The eero application
  • An eero Secure+ membership
  • A supported device to install Malwarebytes (Windows, Mac, and Android)

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think this is the issues.

From EERO IOS is not a supported device with EERO.

Requirements:

• An eero WiFi system
  • The eero application
  • An eero Secure+ membership
  • A supported device to install Malwarebytes (Windows, Mac, and Android)

I have all that, the erro wifi system paid $hundreds, eero application and eero Secure+ membership. I have iphone and Windows. Malwarebytes app and website shows I have a Premium membership including 3 devices. I'm out of patience. Eero just processed a refund for the eero secure+. I will downgrade to erro secure which does not include the 3rd party add ons (1Password, Encrypt.me,Malwarebytes). Malwarebytes has no live customer support. It sends me around in circles with a bot, auto emails stating someone will get back to me and they don't. I have 5 of those. I've never had a software with live service even in a chat room. I'm done.

16 minutes ago, Bakes said:

I have a Premium membership including 3 devices.

You needed to activate the subscription

Activate using My Account login

1. Open the Malwarebytes app on your iOS device.
  2. Tap the Settings cog Settings.png.
  3. Tap Already have a subscription.
  4. Input your Malwarebytes My Account login information, email address and password.
  5. Tap Sign in to enable the Premium features
16 minutes ago, Bakes said:

Eero just processed a refund for the eero secure+. I will downgrade to erro secure which does not include the 3rd party add ons (1Password, Encrypt.me,Malwarebytes).

Sorry to hear that.

14 minutes ago, Bakes said:

I mean NO live support in chat room.

Chat is not available 24/7.

The best way to contact support would have been,

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

Please submit only one ticket/request. Additional tickets will increase the delay.

Be advised it can take 3-7 weekdays for a response after the automated reply with your ticket number.

Edited by Porthos

I followed the steps you noted above on my Malwarebytes app. Proof: When I go to the Settings cog it shows that I have Malwarebytes Premium. It has my phone number, Account Type: Premium. The next box is the option to Deactivate this device (if I desire), the next box has my email and how to manage my account. The Share anonymous telemetry and allow push notifications buttons are green. The next box Enable diagnosis mode is not greyed. As I stated, Call Protection was activated with no problem. Free the Text Message Filtering was activated with no problem. Only the Web Protection and Ad Blocking will toggle on my iphone. 

• Staff

So, just to clarify one point: the iOS app is now able to support activation using a license purchased from our website, or via a partnership, such as via an Eero subscription. It sounds like the Eero documentation on our website has not been updated, and I will be checking into that.

The iOS app cannot, however, be activated with a license key, as Mac, Windows, and Android can, due to Apple restrictions. To activate with a license key on iOS, you must associate that license key with a Malwarebytes account. I do not know if your Eero account will have automatically provisioned you with a Malwarebytes account, or not. Either way, I'd advise setting up or logging into an account here, using the same e-mail address as your Eero account:

https://my.malwarebytes.com

Make sure the license key you got from Eero is associated with that account. Then you can log into that Malwarebytes account within the iOS app to activate Premium.

From your description of the settings in the Malwarebytes app, it sounds like you have already done this. I'm not clear exactly how or with what subscription. If it is via the now-canceled Eero subscription, that Premium service should go away as soon as that cancellation is processed.

Regarding the Malwarebytes items shown in Settings -> Safari -> Extensions, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? If you tap the switch next to the Ad Blocker item, is that what is not responding? If so, can you try restarting your phone?