Password not working on Android

• Staff

Hi @Duke_Walter,

I'm not aware of a login within Malwarebytes for Android.  You're subscription is tied your Google account.  Thus, as long as you're logged into the Google account you used for your premium subscription while installing Malwarebytes for Android from Google PLAY, it should load using your premium subscription.  I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.  Make sure you're logged into the Google account you used to purchase Malwarebytes for Android.

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem on my Pixel 4a.  The password is 100% correct as I have used it to log in on two other PC's.  I also have a premium account.  I've logged into Malwarebytes from the android app many times in the past few years without any problems.  

I have attached a screenshot showing the login screen from my Malwarebytes for Android app.  It does exist.

image.thumb.png.73a3f8c7c782f0060ff090ddbc6083e9.png

• Staff

Hi @Duke_Walter & @NigelM,

Update: Apparently logging in via Malwarebytes for Android is a new feature... one in which I personally didn't know about. 🤦‍♂️ Sorry about that.

Anyway, this feature will only work for direct purchases attached to My Account.

I've sent both of PMs to gather information to figure out what's going here.

19 hours ago, NigelM said:

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem on my Pixel 4a.  The password is 100% correct as I have used it to log in on two other PC's.  I also have a premium account.  I've logged into Malwarebytes from the android app many times in the past few years without any problems.  

I have attached a screenshot showing the login screen from my Malwarebytes for Android app.  It does exist.

image.thumb.png.73a3f8c7c782f0060ff090ddbc6083e9.png

I found a way around to make it work. Input tour lisence key. That worked for me. I don't know why it doesn't let me use my account but product key way 100% worked for me. Hope it helps you! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I landed here after searching for the same problem. This might help:

My original password, from the website login, includes a comma. But, I experimented and figured out that the Android app's login screen does not accept commas as valid password characters, so it says my password in invalid. If I omit the comma when I enter my password, it does does not reject it as invalid (but of course it won't let me log in because the password is wrong without the comma). I'll have to change my password so it will work in both places. 

By the way, I was also able to use my license key to log into the Android app.

• Thanks 1