Upcoming Functionality

iTzHazZx

Hi, 

Having a look at re-evaluating my AV and Anti-Malware solution and I'm finding that Malwarebytes lacks some Windows features and basic functionality like drive scanning, USB External HDD etc.

I was wondering what uncommon functionality is in the pipeline for Mac users as we seem to not get the same features as Windows. This is of course due to a different type of landscape compared to Windows however, some of us feel/need additional functionality. 

Anything MWB can share about upcoming functionality for Mac users?

• 5 months later...

@treed - Any updates on what new stuff is coming to Mac?

My subscription is coming up for renewal next month, there is no detection for Windows based malware, there is no file shredder, there is no support for specific drive scanning or full scans that go through every aspect of the system, it seems like the Mac version is lacking functionality and I will likely not renew as there is more feature rich software out there.

Bitdefender can block sites and display a splash screen to say its been blocked but Malwarebytes cannot do this.

It would be really handy to know what is coming up soon.    

47 minutes ago, iTzHazZx said:

Bitdefender can block sites and display a splash screen to say its been blocked but Malwarebytes cannot do this.

That is what Malwarebytes Browser Guard does for you, and it's free.

Some of the features you mention are not applicable to macOS or are incompatible with it's rapid scanning capability, so would require a complete, time-consuming recoding. There have been new features and refinements added over thee last year, so would encourage you to read through the releases notes to understand what has been accomplished to date.

1 hour ago, alvarnell said:

That is what Malwarebytes Browser Guard does for you, and it's free.

Some of the features you mention are not applicable to macOS or are incompatible with it's rapid scanning capability, so would require a complete, time-consuming recoding. There have been new features and refinements added over thee last year, so would encourage you to read through the releases notes to understand what has been accomplished to date.

Browser guard does not display a splashscreen to show the website is blocked it just says the page cannot be displayed.