PlayRust Malware/Trojan Detection

MarkPlayz

Hello!

I recently had my PC compromised and had to fresh install windows to make sure that hopefully all the viruses/infections were gone.
However,

I've always noticed that Malwarebytes detects something on my Rust thats considered a trojan or malware and wondered what exactly is going on?
I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing on Malwarebytes to hopefully give you guys a better look at what's going on :)

Thanks <3

malware.PNG

As for why Malwarebytes blocks Steam, Rust and other games, this is because Steam is Torrent based software, are what are known as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications meaning it connects to many different servers/IP addresses (this is how files are downloaded through Torrent based software) and because of this, sometimes Torrent based software will connect to a server that is also known for hosting malicious content.  This is because servers/IP addresses are often shared by multiple sites, so while what you are Playing/downloading through Torrent based software may be perfectly safe, some of the sites hosted on some of the IP addresses that Torrent based software connects to may be malicious.  Such connections are not a threat however, and you may exclude Torrent based software from the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes to stop the blocks from happening without compromising your protection (your web browser and other critical web facing programs will still be fully protected from malicious websites and other malicious content).  To do so, add the game exe to your exclusions using the method described under the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet section of this support article.

Could you attach the detection logs from the items you showed in the screen shot please. That way all of those IP's can be checked.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

• Staff
2 hours ago, MarkPlayz said:

Hello

Thanks for the quick reply, I've attached some of the files/logs to this for you :) most of them are duplicates in the detection thing.

rust1.txt 741 B · 2 downloads rust2.txt 734 B · 0 downloads rust3.txt 734 B · 0 downloads rust4.txt 733 B · 0 downloads

Hello- Two of these IPs are malicious, but one has not had any recorded threats in some time, 195.62.53.96, so it will be unblocked. The other two are not being unblocked

Thanks for the reply, kinda scares me that a game I play and a ton of others do also is giving "malicious" stuff onto your PC.
I have however been experiencing my audio cutting in and out when it usually never does that and this was only happening once my PC had that infection in it, I have fresh installed windows since then and wiped all my drives.

Is there a test I can run on my PC and send to you guys to see if there is still an infection on my PC of some sort?

Thanks

Mark

1 hour ago, MarkPlayz said:

this was only happening once my PC had that infection in it, I have fresh installed windows since then and wiped all my drives.

Well these Rust IP blocks do not mean the PC is infected. My first post tells you why they happen and how to stop them.

1 hour ago, MarkPlayz said:

Is there a test I can run on my PC and send to you guys to see if there is still an infection on my PC of some sort?

Are you you using Malwarebytes Premium or the Trial version?

Are you having any other issues SINCE your clean install of Windows?