Malwarebytes VPN Reporting Modified IP from Taskbar Even When Turned Off?

Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

Is this app capable of reporting modified IPs even when turned off? My location is in Indiana. I have been receiving notifications of logins to Amazon, etc. of logins that were clearly me from Illinois even when VPN is on my taskbar turned off. My selected server was Checago, IL. I changed my server to Atlanta, GA and I still get notifications of logins from Illinois when VPN is on my taskbar, turned off. When I ran Speedtest previous to installing the VPN app, the server locations listed were mostly in Indiana. Now they are mostly in Illinois, indicating that Speedtest thinks I am in Checago as thos locations show zero miles away. Again, is this VPN capable of changing my IP even when it is turned off on the taskbar?

Just now, mikeyrinscott said:

I am using an Orbi LBR20 4G LTE router with an AT&T sim. We live in a rural area. The only choices for broadband access is either Satellite (ugh!) or getting a signal off of a cell tower...

AT&T is changing the IP whenever they want to. Just because your device stays in the same place the IP changes from time to time.