Restore Quarantined file does not restore "last modified time" of file

Rob33

After Malwarebytes has (perhaps over-eagerly) placed a file into quarantine, one is able restore the file to its original location by selecting it and hitting the Restore button.  I presume (but haven't verified) that the file contents are properly restored, but I note that the last modified time of the file is not set correctly.  Instead it is set to the time of the Restore operation.   

This is not a proper restoration of the file, and needs fixing soon. 

I'm surprised an established product like Malwarebytes was released with such a basic defect.  I downloaded it yesterday (4.5 version).

9 minutes ago, Rob33 said:

but I note that the last modified time of the file is not set correctly.

I presume that is because the file/s were encrypted before placing it in quarantine and the decryption process gives it new modified date. Encrypting a file does modify it.

This will be reported to the developers.

I also suggest at least in your case, to turn off auto quarantine for both the manual scan and the scheduled scan if you purchase after the trial period.

That way you can have them checked by research like you did for those old files.

image.png.927578988bb4694d40d1eed65ed83fb6.png

image.png.a0035d5fdb7217ab5b7c78309a034573.png

image.png.0ba798e0614915ec05d29e402a2c91e3.png

Edited by Porthos