I can not remove malwarebytes

Hello friends!

Last week I got many random (scam) pop ups that my computer had a virus that needed to be stopped, in a panic I clicked the pop ups but when sent to a new page I realized that the constant pop ups were scams ( I looked them up to confirm and they were scams) but as I was still in a panic I decided to look up cleaners to scan my computer just in case loading to a new page managed to get one as that's my luck. I signed up as a guest, did the 14 day free trial, scanned my computer everything turned out fine. When I went to uninstall the app I noticed there's no way to uninstall so I went to my files to uninstall that way and got a pop up saying that I "need permission from admin to remove this app" I have ALWAYS been an admin until downloading this app and I just want to uninstall but nothing is working. I looked it up was told to download the tool go into advance and clean (remove the darn app altogether) and I kept getting the "no ticket" or "ticket" pop up. I tried getting a ticket and its been 3 days and I still have no response. I tried to contact Microsoft to see if they could figure out how to make me an admin again and surprisingly they couldn't help me either. I know you might not be able to help with any of the admin bull but, I have no where else to turn to please mates help me somehow because I need to be an admin for basically everything somehow and Malwarebytes has basically took over my computer. I appreciate in advanced thank you for reading.

14 minutes ago, ladiedi said:

I appreciate in advanced thank you for reading.

Do the following with the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.  Click No And close the tool.

2022-03-26_13h06_51.png

If I don’t make sense when I go to the system tray and hit quit on MB nothing happens. When I go to “advance” then “clean” nothing happens I keep getting pop ups of the start screen of the MB Tool. I said that in my original post basically friend, tool isn’t working either.

9 minutes ago, ladiedi said:

and all I have gotten was the constant pop up of “I don’t have a ticket” and “I do have a ticket” 

That should only show on the first screen of the tool. Click the word Advanced on the left side directly like my screenshot.

image.png.e6892b8eac304ba0c6b22a5fac9ddfef.png

Edited by Porthos

• Root Admin

Hello @ladiedi

Please get me the following logs

Please do the following so that we can get started and see what's going on.

The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer.

There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit.
To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions

Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

1. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    Do not click on any Ads.

2. Locate the file you downloaded on your computer.
    Downloaded files are often saved to the Downloads folder.

3. Double-click the downloaded file to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

DOC-1318-1.png

4. Windows protected your PC notification may appear. This notification is from the Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter which prevents unfamiliar apps from running on your PC.
    Disable smart screen ONLY if it interferes with software we may have to use:  What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

a.  Click More info.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190254/DOC-1318-2.png
         b.  Click Run anyway.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/article_attachments/360051190294/DOC-1318-3.png
  5. When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.

image.png

6. To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.

image.png

7. Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked

image.png

Registry  Services  Drivers
    Processes  Internet  One month
    Addition.txt

image.png

8. Disable any Antivirus software you have installed ONLY if it stops software we may use from working.
    Please remember to re-enable any Antivirus software when we are finished running scans

Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.

image.png

9. When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:

• Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.

image.png

• Click OK to close each message window

Please attach both of those logs on your next reply, DO NOT copy/paste the contents of the logs directly

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_10/_mb_attach.jpg.dbd89b8e360d3763b3bbe33ce83d680d.jpg

Thanks

• Root Admin

Please review the following links. This is public information located by searching Bing or Google. If still unable to then I'd suggest taking the computer to a local computer repair shop and having them assist you.

3 Ways to Reset a Forgotten Windows Administrator Password
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-to-reset-the-forgotten-windows-administrator-password/

Resetting local admin user password on windows 10
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2324954-resetting-local-admin-user-password-on-windows-10

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you