MalwareBytes Scan & Quarantine Bricked my PC... Need help and assistance!

Go to solution Solved by JSntgRvr,

Hello,

To get started with some background information, I have been using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for over 10 years now and have never encountered this problem before. My PC is running Windows 10 OS 64-bit and I have scanned multiple times on my machine several times and have never had any serious issues. 

But basically, two days ago, I decided to run a scan because I like doing periodic weekly/every other week scans so I did, there were about 15-20 files that I quarantined and me being an idiot, I didn't pay attention to any of the file names or even perform a System Restore save point because I never expected that MalwareBytes would brick my entire PC...

Thing I have tried so far:

• DISM.exe, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, updated BIOS, unplugging my SSD and HDD, Advanced Boot Startup trying to go into System Repair/Restore (however, it says that a file is corrupted so couldn't repair)
  • I tried going into safe-mode with bcdedit to set the default/current boot startup, however, no matter what I do, my pc will continue going into a Boot-Loop displaying one of three screens: Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device, Preparing Automatic Repair, Diagnosing Your PC, BSOD error (Error Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

I am completely lost at this point, I have tried everything out there and need some professional assistance. I am unable to go into safe mode, the only available options that I have are going into Boot Setup, BIOS, and Advanced Boot Startup Menu with the Command Prompt.

Obviously my last resort would be to perform a fresh/clean installation of Windows, however I do not want to lose all my data on my HDD and SSD so that is something that I really don't want to do...

Hi:

Boot the computer to the Recovery Environment Command prompt.

At the command prompt type the following and press Enter.

BCDEDIT | Find "osdevice"

Take note of the drive letter shown as the "osdevice", then type the following and press Enter:

CHKDSK X: /R

Replace the X with the osdevice letter and press Enter. Once completed take a photograph of that window and upload it for us to see. Try Normal Mode and let us know the outcome.

Hello JSntgRvr,

Thanks for the reply, I just tried the BCDEDIT | Find "osdevice" command and it displayed: osdevice partition=D:

Next, I tried doing CHKDSK D: /R , however, it gave me this error "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives", which I already encountered before when trying to do CHKDSK for my D drive.

I have done the CHKDSK C: /r /f which took quite a while but there were no errors found and thats when I tried doing CHKDSK D: /r /f which did not work as I got the same error as above. I am unsure what to do.

Okay, thanks a lot for all the help, you are quick and fast with it haha. When I perform the Media Creation Tool, is it going to be a fresh installation of Windows, like all my Desktop Files and Folders are all erased but the data will still be in my Hard Drive and Solid State Drive?

Sorry if I'm being an idiot right now it's been quite a while since I had to deal with this kind of problem. I understand that the D: drive will be erased but that's fine since it's already basically corrupted.

Okay gotcha, thanks for all the help so far. 

I am on a Mac currently trying to download the Media Creation Tool through the pdf that you provided however the link was not clickable to direct me to the page so I had to look it up myself.

Just to make sure that this is the correct file that I should be using, this is the file name that I downloaded from the Microsoft Website, "Win10_21H2_English_x64.iso"

2 minutes ago, sketchy23 said:

Okay gotcha, thanks for all the help so far. 

I am on a Mac currently trying to download the Media Creation Tool through the pdf that you provided however the link was not clickable to direct me to the page so I had to look it up myself.

Just to make sure that this is the correct file that I should be using, this is the file name that I downloaded from the Microsoft Website, "Win10_21H2_English_x64.iso"

Yes.

Clean Install of Windows 10.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you