Hello

Underworld_243

Hello everyone I have a problem well not really a problem more like a problem that turned into a miracle I had been having issues with my desktop I got this year that i got used and im not that tech savy so my only choice was to take it to a store to get it fixed so I took it in and they started doing diagnostics and I told them that the problem I have been having didnt fix even after I did a fresh install of windows with the help of a youtube video of course so they said I probably did it wrong and it wouldve fixed it if i did it right so they took it in and did their magic and when I got it back they said nothing was wrong with it and that they even did a fresh install of windows and they wiped everything i told them that I didnt need anything on the pc so they didnt save anything so after I took it home and noticed that it was still kinda slow I just ignored it and downloaded games and played and noticed that I was getting bad fps in a spacififc game other games ran well but just that one game wasnt so I then looked around my pc and went to windows update and everything was updated and all like they said they did, just this one thing they didnt download it was windows preview something I forgot the full name but I downloaded it and when it was done my pc was still slow so I gave up and watched youtube and I went to use the restroom and when i got back I noticed that my pc increased in spead like loading stuff and it was faster in general I almost thought I was dreaming it was a miracle I then checked if anything changed and noticed i got a new protection settings in  windows defender settings its in device security and it was the first time i seen the setting actually showing something at first it said "standard security not supported" but then some protection option appeared so that kinda freaked me out a little I was wondering what that was sorry if the story was a little long i didnt want to miss much out so let me get to the point I am curious to what caused the speeds to increase like loading stuff even my pc boots up fast now was it the update I did and it just took a while to kick in or something else and also why did that setting appear in windows defender randombly when I recived my pc back even windows 11 is supported now and at first it wasnt.

• Root Admin

Microsoft told many people that Windows 11 was not ready for their PC yet. They were working on updates for these systems. My guess is they finally finished the updates and pushed out the update to your computer finally.

Nothing much to say really except make sure you back up your system and data so that you don't have to do another reinstall and you're not prepared for it.

Backup Software
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136226-backup-software

Hello, thanks for the response I noticed another thing and its about malwarebytes and windows defender they scan but when it gets to a high number like 800 for example or sometimes lower it skips over to like 100,000 so is the vm scanning those files or are they getting skipped also I noticed that the mouse cursor moves a little sometimes im not sure if its becasue of my table getting banged sometimes because my table is kinda loose thats what im guessing because I havent downloadeds any supicious stuff just games and thats it and they are from the original vendors and lastly the lloading circle by the mouse loads alot recently like if a task in the background is happening or something but other than that its all good.

• Root Admin

That is sort of normal as well. The count is not a live representation of what was found. I you scan hundreds of thousands of files and give real-time report to the screen it will slow it down and take not quite but possibly up to twice as long to complete the scan. Customers like to see some thing though so the system does do a report back to the screen to give general feedback.

How about the moue cursor moving on its own a little should i be worried or no because im guessing that if something tried to attack me and malware is moving my mouse malwarebytes would detect so im kinda leaning to the table banging moving my mouse and causing the cursor to move idea but i just want to reasure and the loading thing next to the mouse is it normal for it to load alot even when apps arent open?

Hello I have a question before you close this up everything is fine on my side but I just have this one question I need to get off my chest so lets say somehow a peripheral has a virus loaded up into the firmware like a mouse or a keyboard and when you connect it to a computer you use it and you then decide to go into the bios would the virus inbeded in the mouse for example deploy or does the bios have a special barrier that doesnt allow such stuff to run?

it was a dumb question now that I think about it but I was actually curious because I was reading online that it was possible to load viruses into a mouse by loading it into the mouse memory/macros or by the software that might come with the mouse be tampered with and made malicious I read this on another forum website called bleeping computers.

Yea Im never gonna do that ever again and one last question before this is closed how do infected usbs work like for example a bd usb can you connect it to a pc if its not logged in to actrivate the stuff or do you have to be logged in and what is a computer is off but power is still going threw the pc.