Malwarebytes Privacy technical support is a sick joke.

Starting on March 2, my Malwarebytes Privacy stopped working, because of incorrect information given to me by tech support. Innumerable emails since then have only made things worse. When I told the original tech support person that my problem was not solved on March 4, they never even had the courtesy to get back to me. I have been without a functioning VPN for 3 weeks. This is totally unacceptable.

I responded to the survey question about how my support experience was, and I responded TERRIBLE and explained why. I get this email back about how concerned Malwarebytes is about my poor support. Of course, their "concern", is nothing but empty words, because no one ever responded that email to find out what the problem was and see if it could be fixed.

Since 3 weeks without a response for a complete failure of my Malwarebytes Privacy is beyond absurd, I finally submitted a new trouble ticket on March 4 complaining about complete lack of technical support. Of course, I never got a response to that. (BTW, Malwarebytes has made finding out how to actually submit a trouble ticket to Malwarebytes – as opposed to a question to 1 of the forums much more difficult than it used to be.)

Since Malwarebytes obviously does not care about the concerns of a paying customer, my only hope is that public shaming of them on this forum will finally get them to do something and fix my problem.

• Root Admin

Hello @Pissedoffuser

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the program. I searched the Support Desk using the email address used here on the forums but was unable to locate your support ticket. If you can provide me with the ticket number I'll be happy to check on it.

If you'd like assistance directly here on the forums we can do that too but I'll need to get some logs please and at least a basic explanation of what you mean when you say it stopped working. Are there any specific error messages, etc?

Assuming you wish to work on the issue here on the forums please get me some new logs and we'll see if we can get you fixed up and working again.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

Thanks for getting back to me.

The reason you couldn't find the support tickets I referenced is that I was unable to create a Malwarebytes Forum account using my regular Malwarebytes account email address. This is in fact another problem with Malwarebytes:
1. I can't use my email address to log into the Forums, because it requires a username.
2. since I never posted to the Forums before, I do not have a username, so I need to sign up.
3. If I use my regular account email address to try to sign up for the Forums, it won't let me create the Forum account because that email address is already in use.

So you can find my support requests by using the same username for my Forums account, but at gmail.com

in any case, I will run the support tool and upload the file tomorrow

• Root Admin

I was able to track down and find your ticket. From my understanding, it looks like you're not having a technical issue but rather some logistics issues.

I believe someone from support is going to be calling you soon and they should be able to resolve your issues.

Thank you again, and sorry for the miscommunication