MY.Games Center Suspected False Positive

Megis

MygamesCenter_detection.zipHello! Every time i open My.Games Center it gives a lot of those "Website Blocked Due to Malware" notifications. I dont think this is malware because it can be downloaded form the Epic Games store. The file is inside the .zip file. If you could analyze this file and see if there is actually malware inside it it would be awesome. I suspect the detection is because they use torrents to download game files.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Megis said:

Hello! Every time i open My.Games Center it gives a lot of those "Website Blocked Due to Malware" notifications.

Could you provide the detection log please.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Megis said:

Thanks for the response. I don't understand how this can get to the epic games store. What do i do now?

The game is not infected. It is the IP used by the games.

It is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam, Epic and many others use p2p connections to play online. As long as the games aren't at risk for connecting to malicious content (which they shouldn't be), you should be able to simply exclude the games' executables from Web Protection using the method described under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The game is not infected. It is the IP used by the games.

It is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam, Epic and many others use p2p connections to play online. As long as the games aren't at risk for connecting to malicious content (which they shouldn't be), you should be able to simply exclude the games' executables from Web Protection using the method described under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

So this isn't something to worry about?

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You would be excluding AppData\Local\GameCenter\GameCenter.exe

The file is in a hidden folder in your users account.

Ok i will do that. Thanks for the help! I also just scanned my PC with Malwarebytes, TDSSKiller, MBAM and F-Secure. They found nothing.