Can I transfer subscription from a PC device to a MacBook?

According to Malwarebytes support, "Malwarebytes license keys are not transferable to iOS devices. You must purchase Malwarebytes for iOS in the Apple App Store. For more information, see How can I purchase Malwarebytes for iOS?"

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522574-Deactivate-or-transfer-Malwarebytes-license-key-in-My-Account

If there is a way to retain value from the Windows license, please advise.

9 minutes ago, lobouseer said:

According to Malwarebytes support, "Malwarebytes license keys are not transferable to iOS devices. You must purchase Malwarebytes for iOS in the Apple App Store. For more information, see How can I purchase Malwarebytes for iOS?"

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522574-Deactivate-or-transfer-Malwarebytes-license-key-in-My-Account

MacOS is not IOS. You posted in a Mac OS topic.

What device are you needing a license for? An apple phone?

Edited by Porthos

• Staff
On 3/18/2022 at 9:19 PM, lobouseer said:

I made a bad assumption that the purchase of Malwarebytes needed to be made through the Apple Store on any Apple device. It appears that this is only true for IOS devices. 

This is also no longer true for iOS devices, as of March 2. iOS devices can now be activated via a Malwarebytes account. (Not with a license key, though, as Apple forbids that for apps distributed via the App Store.)

In addition to the Mac, I was asking for instructions to transfer a license to IOS. You commented that it cannot be done via a license key, so there must be another method for IOS devices. Are there instructions to transfer a license to an IOS device that do not involve the licensee key? There are likely to be one or more users that would benefit from these instructions. Thank you.