Why Purchase? Newbie Question...

Diazafan

Hello there!

This is my first post -- I am happy to say that I have downloaded Malwarebytes, and am very pleased with it. The initial scan notified me of an infection, which the program then proceeded to quarantine and delete -- AVG did not pick this up.

I have the free version and it seems awesome, but I understand you can buy a license for

Hello Diazafan and welcome to the forum!

I voted yes :)

While the free version provides excellent protection in scanning and removing threats that already exist on your system, purchasing the paid version will provide you with realtime protection that will protect your computer in the background as you use the internet, open and save files, etc... it blocks download of malicious files and software, as well as blocks connection to malicious IP addresses. So, basically the paid version blocks the download of malicious items in the first place, vs. removing items after you've already been infected.

So yes, I would say that it is well worth your money to purchase Malwarebytes! :)

Hope this helped!

@ Diazafan

You are very welcome!!

Glad to hear that you'll be purchasing Malwarebytes :) It's a wonderful program created and maintained by wonderful people.

Again, you're welcome :) Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!

Cheers :)

One more thing that you might want to download,

Spyware Blaster. It provides passive protection in your browser, and works with Internet Explorer and Firefox.

You can download it Here and there is information about it here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#Overview

Let me know if you have any questions on how to use it if you choose to install it :)

Mate -- Thank you, that is excellent advice. I've just downloaded and it is fantastic.

I have been using computers since I was 3 (i'm 25), and have a better than average knowledge, but when it comes to protection I, admittedly, have not kept myself up to speed. I remember back in days of old AVG & ZoneAlarm were suffice, but as technology evolves so do hackers.

Thank you, this is valuable software, and im just happy to be getting it for free!

I wish there was something I could do to help you :) Take care

D

I do have one more question if you don't mind?

The SpywareBlaster is great, and it says that even when closed I am protected. However the Malwarebytes program only comes with an installer, and I need to use administration access to open up each time, as if I were installing again (and it asks me to setup, to which I cancel, then the program becomes normal) -- Its not on the bottom right pane of my taskbar, so I assume its not running when not open? Please could you help this one last question~?

I really do appreciate the advice

Follow AdvancedSetup's Link where discount is included.

You will get a mail with activation details.

In your Trial copy insert the key details in the appropriate tab/space & activate it.

Please take a printout of the mail & keep it in a safe place. You will need it in Future.

Regards.

If you have any doubt's please post here.

I didn't notice anyone else mention another nice point in purchasing the software; Your license for non commercial usage; IE: private use on your own computer is a lifetime one. It's not some yearly fee like you find with some antivirus vendors...

So that makes it an even better deal. :)

Hey, sorry to be a bit late Diazafan,

You are very welcome! Spyware blaster is a cool program. I've installed it on the computers of friends and family, and they like it too.

I also use Spybot Search & Destroy for its immunization feature. I can give you the link to that too if you'd like :lol:

Hope all is well with your computer, and do not hesitate to post if you have any other questions or concerns about anything.

Thank you, and you take care too!

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...

AVG and Norton only found tracking cookies. MBAM found 53 infections!!!!!! xD Phail. Norton is downright crap. In one of the ads on youtube, it says free stuff is bad. Thats a lie because Norton never protected me from the unknown. MBAM did. TAKE THAT NORTON!!! I highly recommend purchasing it because the protection Module block threats before they can even access the computer!!!!!!!!! Plus auto update always help your MBAM to stay up to date.