Path of Exile executable reporting a false positive for trojan?

Jaldy

Good evening,

Ever since yesterday morning, I have been getting a crash to desktop error at random while playing a video game entitled Path of Exile.  I have crashed to the desktop approximately 20 times in the last 36 hours.  It did not occur to me that blocking web traffic was causing the crash, until I saw a pop-up from Malwarebytes just moments ago.  I have scanned the executable just to be safe--both locally and on VirusTotal--and the file is safe.

Here is the most recent log file from that website block detection:

Detection.txt

3 hours ago, Jaldy said:

It did not occur to me that blocking web traffic was causing the crash, until I saw a pop-up from Malwarebytes just moments ago.

While we wait for staff to review, I want to pass some info on to you, Staff will check the IP and if not bad anymore they will delist it.

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online. As long as the games aren't at risk for connecting to malicious content (which they shouldn't be), you should be able to simply exclude the games' executables from Web Protection using the method described under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

• Thanks 1

If it helps, I am usually connecting to the Texas realm.

Oh, and I have already whitelisted it because I thought exactly what you said: It's likely not going to cause any damage, since I am connecting with a game client, and not some other browser or program.  Thank you!

Edited by Jaldy