Outlook zip files blocked from opening

lukerb

10 minutes ago, lukerb said:

I trust this zip file but don't want to have to download it to view the files.

You are going to have to download it and try again. Most email malware comes in an attachment.

If you have trouble after you download it then we will need the log showing the detection.

Thanks for the quick response.

I may need some clarification on your second statement.  I am able to download and open the file without issue.  In this example, the zip file is actually something I sent a while back.  It's not possible for a malicious party to highjack something I already sent is it?

3 minutes ago, lukerb said:

I am able to download and open the file without issue.

Then that is what you need to do.

3 minutes ago, lukerb said:

In this example, the zip file is actually something I sent a while back.  It's not possible for a malicious party to highjack something I already sent is it?

Not in your example but all I was saying in was general for attachments. That is why you are being blocked.

That's part of what I'd like to understand here.

What else am I opening myself up to by disabling exploit protection?  I often need to revisit my archive of sent and received emails in order to view their attachment contents, which are often in zip form.  Is there some sort of local temp folder I could add to the allow list that would enable me to view zip file contents but keep exploit protection enabled?

If this is beyond the scope of this thread, I reckon we can consider this one solved.