MalwareBytes removes Chrome shortcuts saved to the desktop

I had a whole bunch of desktop (not browser) shortcuts saved in my  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\ folder.

Starting on December 26th, Malwarebytes marked these as PUPs, so I quarantined them. Now when I open them, the open the browser to my home page instead of the saved links. I restored them, but they still show up as PUPs and they still do not open the original links but rater open the home page.

Chrome did it's job an propagated all these now-defunct links to all my devices.

I'm pretty sure that they are lost forever. I've restored some manually and given the growing list of PUPS the new links are also being detected as malware. In other words, I am being spammed and I fear that I will overlook a real threat.

How do I stop Malwarebytes from doing this? For example, is there some way to tell MalwareBytes NOT to scan files in a specific folder?